Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transfering euro' to a euro acc in UK

Options
  • 22-01-2014 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

From time to time I use my 365online acc to pay a company in the uk. I am invoiced in euro and transfer in euro's to a euro bank account in the UK. 365 seems to only gives a stg transfer option now. I am obviously missing something. Can anyone advise on how to go about sorting this please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Hi Lucky John,[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Thanks for your post.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]With the mandatory SEPA changes made to Bank of Ireland 365 Online, there are a number of countries within the SEPA zone where payees were transferred over as an International (NON SEPA) Payee allowing you to send funds in the local currency only.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Therefore, should you wish to transfer funds in Euro you will be required to register the payee again under the SEPA transfer payee option.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Should you require additional information please see here[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif][/font]I hope this clarifies this for you, if we can assist with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Paula C[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Thank you for the speedy reply. I have added the acc as a new paye and a payment in euro has been made successfully.

Your colleagues manning the 0818 365 365 help line unfortunately are not as up to date with sepa yet. I was assured by them that it was only possible to pay in stg to the UK. They directed me to BOI Global Markets for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi luky john.

We are delighted to hear that you have now made the payment to the UK successfully.

Our colleagues manning the phone lines should be fully up to date with these new SEPA changes. We apologise that on this occasion the information you received was inaccurate.

We wish to thank you for your feedback. As always we appreciate it and have forwarded on to the relevant department within Bank of Ireland 365.

If we can help you with anything else in the future, please let us know.
    Laura

Advertisement