Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best way to set up a replacement ipad

• 22-01-2014 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I received a replacement ipad last week from Apple. I proceeded to start and back it up from my icloud where I had saved everything before I sent my old ipad away.
    My old ipad was operating on the newest operating system however the new ipad only has iOS 6 installed and won't allow me to back up from icloud.

So what's the best way to proceed? I'm not very technical and I'm unsure as to whether I can back up from iTunes on my laptop and then upgrade the ipad to the newer iOS system and then back up from the cloud?
    I have photos etc saved to the cloud but not to my laptop and don't want to lose these

Any help really appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭baldshin

If you update the ipad first, settings-general-software update, you will then be able to restore from iCloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭foodie86

baldshin wrote: »
    If you update the ipad first, settings-general-software update, you will then be able to restore from iCloud.

I can't get as far as settings, currently I am being asked to a) set up new ipad, b) restore from icloud or d) restore from iTunes backup.

I want to restore from icloud it says no backups are compatible with this version of iOS.

Anyway I can skip these steps?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Set up as a new iPad, update to iOS 7 then erase everything and restore from iCloud.

Zcott wrote: »
    Set up as a new iPad, update to iOS 7 then erase everything and restore from iCloud.

Doing this won't override the previous backups will it? Apprehensive as I don't want to lose info!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭baldshin

foodie86 wrote: »
    Doing this won't override the previous backups will it? Apprehensive as I don't want to lose info!

Sorry I thought you were passed the initial setup. Setup as a new ipad, then update, then restore from iCloud.

• Advertisement

baldshin wrote: »
    Sorry I thought you were passed the initial setup. Setup as a new ipad, then update, then restore from iCloud.

Ok proceeded to set up as a new ipad however it wants me to set up a new icloud account. In doing this will I erase all previous icloud data?

I have option "don't use icloud" also. I presume this is the way to go?

Thanks for help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Yes don't use icloud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Your other option is to create a new iTunes account just for the purpose of updating.

Advertisement