Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal rumble Mystery Entrants

• 22-01-2014 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭

Who would you like to see as a surprise Rumble competitor this year?

In recent years, Kevin Nash, booker T, Chris Jericho and RVD have made unannounced appearances, who would you liek to see return?

Who do you wanna see as a surprise Rumble entrant? 80 votes

Chris Jericho
    0% 0 votes
    Sheamus
    3% 3 votes
    Rob Van Dam
    7% 6 votes
    Sting
    1% 1 vote
    Devon Dudley
    13% 11 votes
    Scott Hall
    0% 0 votes
    DDP
    5% 4 votes
    Jeff Jarrett
    1% 1 vote
    Jake Roberts
    2% 2 votes
    Diamond Dallas Page
    11% 9 votes
    Christian
    1% 1 vote
    Shelton Benjiman
    3% 3 votes
    Carlito
    2% 2 votes
    Shane Helms
    1% 1 vote
    Matt Hardy
    1% 1 vote
    Ric Flair
    2% 2 votes
    Ken Shamrock
    2% 2 votes
    X-Pac
    6% 5 votes
    The Undertaker
    5% 4 votes
    Masked Kane
    3% 3 votes
    Rowdy Roddy Piper
    0% 0 votes
    John Morrison
    1% 1 vote
    MVP
    1% 1 vote
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    21% 17 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jake Roberts is the obvious one.

What's Big Daddy V doing these days? :pac:

Scott hall.

Hulk Hogan but I cant see how he could take a bump over the top rope to be eliminated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Sid,Vader,Jake,X-Pac or Ken Shamrock would be cool.

Goldberg or Steiner would be class too,but very unlikely.

Sandman coming out to 'Enter Sandman' would be a nice way to break up the match around the halfway point also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

What's Big Daddy V doing these days? :pac:
    A bit of construction down in the lower Dundalk area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Daniel Bryan...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Aj Schtyles

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DeclansKidney

Scott hall.

Hulk Hogan but I cant see how he could take a bump over the top rope to be eliminated.

Wouldn't need to. He could just win it sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I'd like to see a nxt talent get a spot like Dallas did last year! Adrien Neville or El gen!

Ledgends wise, I'd love to her "hello ladies" and see the big valbowski come out to a big pop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Scott hall.

Or he'd get jealous of another entrants pop & insist on coming out next thus ruining the match.
    If it happened to him before in War Games with Nash's pop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Jake for sure! and DDP - I will mark out if randy loses, enters the rumble and eats a diamond cutter!

fun ones: the godfather, val venis, any (or all) of the 3 faces of foley, Jim Duggan, Ultimate Warrior,

Hopefuls: Y2J, RVD, Shamrock, Steve Blackman, JBL (Or Bradshaw :p )

• Advertisement

Jake for sure! and DDP - I will mark out if randy loses, enters the rumble and eats a diamond cutter!

fun ones: the godfather, val venis, any (or all) of the 3 faces of foley, Jim Duggan, Ultimate Warrior,

Hopefuls: Y2J, RVD, Shamrock, Steve Blackman, JBL (Or Bradshaw :p )

Godfather was a surprise entrant last year so hopefully someone else :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ken Shamrock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

From that list, in an ideal world, I'd say Stone Cold, but realistically I'd go for Y2J!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Hm, DDP or Diamond Dallas Page.. tough one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Godfather was a surprise entrant last year so hopefully someone else :D

He should enter as Papa Shango this year. And have a face-off with The Boogeyman.

Have a feeling that El Torito will enter the Rumble too. And get Superman punched by Roman Reigns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Charisteas wrote: »
    He should enter as Papa Shango this year. And have a face-off with The Boogeyman.

Have a feeling that El Torito will enter the Rumble too. And get Superman punched by Roman Reigns.

This!

Right to Censor would be awesome but obviously you don't want to spend 4 spots on them. Maybe just Steven Richards in the match, with Goodfather, Buchanan, Chief Morley, and Ivory at ringside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Prince Devitt. Some day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Right to Censor would be awesome but obviously you don't want to spend 4 spots on them. Maybe just Steven Richards in the match, with Goodfather, Buchanan, Chief Morley, and Ivory at ringside.

NO! their theme music is awful (if you can even call it music), enough to ruin the rumble for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He should enter as Papa Shango this year

The Ultimate Warrior to enter after Papa Shango enters to get revenge for the curse!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Daniel Bryan

Would love a return to the active roster for Bourne, Sheamus and Christian.

El Torito would make for some cool spots. Either high flying or simply running under peoples legs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Evan Bourne could be a contender for a spot I think!

WWE stars The Miz and Dolph Ziggler attended last night's Cleveland Cavaliers game, and caught up with Chris Van Vliet of CBS. During the interview, Ziggler says he is healing well, he will be evaluated by WWE medical staff when he gets to Pittsburgh on Sunday, and there's a possibility he could be cleared to participate in the Royal Rumble match if the tests go well

Would be glad to see Dolph in too.

rovert wrote: »
    Daniel Bryan

Would this really be a surprise?Kind of expecting it.He could just take little to no bumps.Get carried off by the Wyatts and come back out kicking lumps out of everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

bradlente wrote: »
    Would this really be a surprise?Kind of expecting it.He could just take little to no bumps.Get carried off by the Wyatts and come back out kicking lumps out of everyone.

It would imo. Everyone expects Batista to win.

The crowd will go ape**** if DB isn't in the Rumble and will **** on the winner. Could be pretty funny.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    It would imo. Everyone expects Batista to win.

The crowd will go ape**** if DB isn't in the Rumble and will **** on the winner. Could be pretty funny.

I think Batista could go out the same way Goldberg did in '04,Setting up a match at 'Mania.
    I agree the crowd could **** on the winner,And that could lead to the fans at Mania ****ting on whatever match it sets up.I think they'll go for Bryan especially after that reception on Raw.
    The Batista factor could really blow up in their faces if they're not careful.If he's leaving soon after Mania he might get booed either way.He had a good heel run before the end of his last spell so I think they should go that way.There aren't that many good fresh matches out there for him-Punk,Bryan or taking on the Shield in some sort of match?If the main event of Mania revolves around Cena,Orton,Batista or HHH without Punk or Bryan it'd be a pretty big let-down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

William Regal maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

amend the poll to allow multiple votes :P

F4Wonline
    There has been talk of bringing in 2 Cold Scorpio as a surprise Royal Rumble entrant this Sunday. The idea would be that there's an ECW tie-in since original ECW TV and pay-per-views will be on the Network. Another name rumored within WWE is Jimmy Wang Yang, who teased it on Twitter, is a good friend of Batista's and attended two WWE events last week.

JWY would be the most disappointing surprise entrant EVER!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

JWY would be the most disappointing surprise entrant EVER!!

"Why thank you very much"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It would actually be a smart move to have a heel win it, since everyone expects the winner (assuming it isnt Bryan) to be booed out of the building. When a heel wins they rarely ever get booed. It could make someone, especially if they eliminate Bryan. Play up the idea that he crushed everyones dreams or something. Bryan could beat him at Elimination Chamber, leading to a three way at the Rumble.

Only thing is, I'm not sure who could pull it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It would actually be a smart move to have a heel win it, since everyone expects the winner (assuming it isnt Bryan) to be booed out of the building. When a heel wins they rarely ever get booed. It could make someone, especially if they eliminate Bryan. Play up the idea that he crushed everyones dreams or something. Bryan could beat him at Elimination Chamber, leading to a three way at the Rumble.

Only thing is, I'm not sure who could pull it off.

Roman Reigns........or god forbid, Del Rio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Roman Reigns........or god forbid, Del Rio

Dunno who I would like to win least - Del Rio or Big Show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Kia_Kaha

Jake! Steve Blackman too, just for his theme music.

I see from twitter that
    Xpac
    pulled out of an indie show last night so maybe a surprise entrant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Can I have a Vader, a Jake and a Bryan please Carol?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Whosthis wrote: »
    Can I have a Vader, a Jake and a Bryan please Carol?

Carol put your clothes back on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I wonder would it be possible for Undertaker to make a surprise return?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I wonder would it be possible for Undertaker to make a surprise return?

There it is! Taker to return, eliminating Lesnar, and thus setting up their Mania match!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    There it is! Taker to return, eliminating Lesnar, and thus setting up their Mania match!

Lesnars not in the rumble cause hes gettin a title shot at EC.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lesnars not in the rumble cause hes gettin a title shot at EC.

Not 100% sure on that as often even people involved in the rumble title matches themselves appear in the rumble but him being against Big Show at the Rumble will probably keep him out of the Rumble unless they decide they want to use it to set up a storyline for Brock i.e have someone eliminate him (Maybe Taker) and thus those two will feud at Mania.

He may get a shot at EC (hes current the self proclaimed no.1 contender and has been referenced by trips etc as waiting in line for a shot) but that more than likely will be in the chamber match and will involve another few superstars so on its own probably wouldnt be enough to guarantee he isnt in the rumble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I see from twitter that
    Xpac
    pulled out of an indie show last night so maybe a surprise entrant.
    His promo on House of Hardcore 3 was very suck up-ish. "My good friend, Triple H" etc. I'd say he is almost certain given the recent returns of the Outlaws too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Taker might be the only person who wouldn't get booed at no 30 or by winning if it's not Bryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

His promo on House of Hardcore 3 was very suck up-ish. "My good friend, Triple H" etc. I'd say he is almost certain given the recent returns of the Outlaws too.
    Yet another HHH ball licker. Hope he fúcks off quicker than the outlaws did

Sean Waltman ‏@TheRealXPac 1m

Pittsburg is cold,

X-Pac and Kevin Nash are awesome, the band are getting back together lads. Would mark out HUGE for Scott Hall too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

X-Pac and Kevin Nash are awesome, the band are getting back together lads. Would mark out HUGE for Scott Hall too.
    Is he allowed to do anything active with WWE? Did I not read somewhere before that because he has Hep C, insurance wise, he can't be cleared?

• Advertisement
Advertisement