Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm questions

Options
  • 22-01-2014 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I moved into a house with a HKC alarm. I have a couple of questions...

1. I have recently started using the quickcode for the night set. The next morning i accidently opened the backdoor and the alarm went off (which it should do) however since then, when i have accidently opened the door it hasn't. Why is this?

2. I have started to set the alarm while i am out, disabling the motion sensors inside as the cat is in and would set them off. Twice in the past two weeks i have come home from work and the alarm is going, with the code 'Tamper. ext. bell' What does this mean?

Thanks,
    Mel.b

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

mel.b wrote: »
    I moved into a house with a HKC alarm. I have a couple of questions...

1. I have recently started using the quickcode for the night set. The next morning i accidently opened the backdoor and the alarm went off (which it should do) however since then, when i have accidently opened the door it hasn't. Why is this?

2. I have started to set the alarm while i am out, disabling the motion sensors inside as the cat is in and would set them off. Twice in the past two weeks i have come home from work and the alarm is going, with the code 'Tamper. ext. bell' What does this mean?

Thanks,
    Mel.b

Hi OP,

1. I take it while part guarding the system you are pressing 0 # 7, which on HKC is reffered to as Part Guard A. As the system did activate when you opened the door on the first occasion and not since then I wonder are you setting it correctly or has a detector on the door gone faulty. To check the detector, open the door and then fully set the system as if you were leaving the house. If the detector is faulty then the system will set.

2. Ext Bell Tamp means the panel has detected a fault with your external sounder unit, this will create a fault whether the system is armed or not.

PS After you part set it, do you wait until the audible message says system arming? As if the ext bell condition is present, the system will not set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks for the answers.

Re:
    1. Just tried to do the night set (yes 0#7) with the back door open and it set, so sounds like the sensor is faulty.

2. What is the external sounder unit?

Not sure if your PS relates to 1. Or 2. But both times (night set and day time arming) it says system arming.

So, it sounds like i need to get someone out to look / fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

mel.b wrote: »
    Thanks for the answers.

Re:
    1. Just tried to do the night set (yes 0#7) with the back door open and it set, so sounds like the sensor is faulty.

2. What is the external sounder unit?

Not sure if your PS relates to 1. Or 2. But both times (night set and day time arming) it says system arming.

So, it sounds like i need to get someone out to look / fix it?

Sorry the External Sounder Unit is the alarm box on your front wall ( presumably ) that makes all the noise when the system activates.
    You do indeed appear to have a problem with your back door.
    Indeed get someone out to have a look at it, might not be any harm to ask the costs of the call and possible parts first, so you know what to expect.

Advertisement