Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory stick corrupting and deleting files

Options
  • 22-01-2014 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi all,

Would really appreciate your help on this. My stick keeps corrupting and deleting files. I work on numerous different pc's and when I go to the next one and open up a previously edited document it is deleted or corrupted. Any advice on how I can prevent this from happening? I am safely removing my items also. I am at my last nerve with this and using dropbox also but do not always have internet access to download same.

Really appreciate any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

The simple answer is buy a new memory stick from a reputable supplier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Empsey wrote: »
    Hi all,

Would really appreciate your help on this. My stick keeps corrupting and deleting files. I work on numerous different pc's and when I go to the next one and open up a previously edited document it is deleted or corrupted. Any advice on how I can prevent this from happening? I am safely removing my items also. I am at my last nerve with this and using dropbox also but do not always have internet access to download same.

Really appreciate any help

Do not edit the files direct from the usb stick, copy the file locally, edit the file then copy it back overwriting the original

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Empsey

FSL wrote: »
    The simple answer is buy a new memory stick from a reputable supplier.

Thanks I was planning on doing this but just wondering why it was happening in the beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If the memory on the stick is failing then corruption can occur.

Advertisement