Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEMS demostration

Options
  • 22-01-2014 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi all im new to this so bare with me :)... Im looking to demonstrate a simple building energy management system. I am just going to concentrate on lighting and heating. The idea is to build a model of a house something like one room with a light the other room with with a fan heater which will be linked back to my Pc. My Pc will then display real time usage, costs so far, history etc. I am looking for ideas to expand a bit more on these two areas. Something like motion sensor to turn light of if not response in a certain length of time or temperature sensor to turn of far if temp to warm (no need for heating). Or better design/idea for model of a house. Looking for simple ideas to elaborate on to give it more of an edge but still serving its simple functions:)..

any help or ideas greatly appreciated...:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

plumber23 wrote: »
    hi all im new to this so bare with me :)... Im looking to demonstrate a simple building energy management system. I am just going to concentrate on lighting and heating. The idea is to build a model of a house something like one room with a light the other room with with a fan heater which will be linked back to my Pc. My Pc will then display real time usage, costs so far, history etc. I am looking for ideas to expand a bit more on these two areas. Something like motion sensor to turn light of if not response in a certain length of time or temperature sensor to turn of far if temp to warm (no need for heating). Or better design/idea for model of a house. Looking for simple ideas to elaborate on to give it more of an edge but still serving its simple functions:)..

any help or ideas greatly appreciated...:)

A BMS is different than an EMS or BEMS.

What's end goal? This will determine the advice to give

A PIR can have a timer attached so no need to bring it back to a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 plumber23

Sorry spelling error. BEMS

Advertisement