Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get chains sharpened

• 22-01-2014 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭

I have two chainsaws. Oleo Mac 37cc and a Ryobi 40cc.. Both cheap yokes .. €150 - 200 price range.

Both grand for what I do be doing. Start up first time after 6 Months sitting idle. Keep the Fuel rich (less two-stroke)... is the key.

The Ryobi is a long handle multi head thing. You can plug in a brush cutter head or hedge trimmer head as well as a small chainsaw 14" head . ... best piece of kit I ever bought. Biggest problem of using a regular chainsaw is getting close enough to branches etc. to cut them. Not a problem with the long handle !!!

Big problem I have now is that both chainsaw chains are blunt and damaged. Lads where would you go to get a chainsaw chain repaired and/or sharpened ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Where u from,
    Have u a local chainsaw dealer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

buy a file kit 15-20e and watch a few youtube videos,its pretty easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Search this forum for the term "sharpening" and you'll find a fair few threads on the subject.

Going at a chain with the files if you don't know what you're at is really only like to end up with a scrap chain, so it's likely probably better for you to get them sharpened by a shop.
    Your local chainsaw dealer will do it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I have two chainsaws. Oleo Mac 37cc and a Ryobi 40cc.. Both cheap yokes .. €150 - 200 price range.

Both grand for what I do be doing. Start up first time after 6 Months sitting idle. Keep the Fuel rich (less two-stroke)... is the key.

The Ryobi is a long handle multi head thing. You can plug in a brush cutter head or hedge trimmer head as well as a small chainsaw 14" head . ... best piece of kit I ever bought. Biggest problem of using a regular chainsaw is getting close enough to branches etc. to cut them. Not a problem with the long handle !!!

Big problem I have now is that both chainsaw chains are blunt and damaged. Lads where would you go to get a chainsaw chain repaired and/or sharpened ?

I'm confused on this :confused:

Advertisement