Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIBERNIA PRIMARY POST GRAD ADMISSIONS 2014

Options
  • 22-01-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello everyone,

I did the Hibernia interview on Monday the 21st of Jan '14. I got an an email today saying I had been accepted.

Now I kind of went off the idea of doing primary teaching so I wasn't even going to do the interview to be honest, but I did it anyway and to be honest It was the ****test interview I'd ever done! I didn't even practice Irish and was pretty basic in my replies, one question I didn't even understand, and the English part, again, I just blagged my way through it to be honest.

So they send me the email saying I'm accepted and to pay the deposit by 5th of Feb and the rest of the ten grand by March 7th.

I'm wondering now what the standard is and does everyone get accepted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 taniajd

Hi there,
    Maybe take a look at educationposts.ie - there's plenty of conversations there about the interview process.
    I have seen alot of people who did not get accepted, usually based on their Irish interview.
    I have started the Hibernia course and am happy with it so far, I think they are mainly looking for a level of Irish that can be worked on. They do not want to have to teach you Irish but at the same time there is a strong emphasis on it on the course with 3 weeks in the Gaeltacht and modules focusing on grammar etc.
    If you want to have a chat about it feel free to drop me a PM and I'm happy to help you with information to help your decision either way.

Advertisement