Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

are hats/fascinators in?

• 22-01-2014 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭

as the title states are they in at the moment or gone out of fashion? It's for a wedding of a close friend ,any advice appreciated? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I genuinely don't know, but to be honest, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

They key thing is to dress according to your own sense of style, and to be confident enough to carry it off. I see women at weddings who wear fascinators/hats but are obviously self-conscious about it. As a result, the whole thing can end up looking a bit daft.

I'd love to wear a stunning hat to a wedding someday, but have never felt that it would work on me. Don't get me started on sticking feathers into your hair :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I wouldn't worry too much about whether they're fashionable at the moment, but they're certainly being worn and as dudara points out above, if you feel comfortable and confident wearing one you will look fabulous in it!
    Saw some fabulous ones at Showcase done in tweed and lace with jewellery embellishments etc and they looked amazing, the next wedding I'm invited to I'm going to have a go at making one for myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭kilco

kilco wrote: »
    as the title states are they in at the moment or gone out of fashion? It's for a wedding of a close friend ,any advice appreciated? thanks
    Thanks for the advice I think I'll go for it with a straight blow dry underneath :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

dudara wrote: »

They key thing is to dress according to your own sense of style, and to be confident enough to carry it off.

Exactly, dont concentrate on whats "in" or "out" and instead opt for what you actually like

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

I totally agree with the other posters - don't be concerned about whether or not they are "in", once you like it and feel good wearing it don't mind what other people think... If you aren't normally a hat / fascinator wearer I would definitely suggest going into somewhere like Debenhams etc and trying on different sizes and styles to see what you like and what you would feel comforable in.

They are generally a talking point since it will be one of the first things people see when talking to you so be confident and be prepared to get noticed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Exactly as everyone else has said...at every wedding I go to there are plenty women there with hats/fascinators etc and plenty without, so whatever you feel suits you best go with that !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭kilco

thanks a mill again

Advertisement