Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS250 Tamper Problem

Options
  • 22-01-2014 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi Guys,

I started this new thread as my alarm problem has changed.

When the alarm is off and I open the back door the tamper alarm goes off on Zone 3.

I didnt touch any wires for Zone 3 at all. It seems that some how the tamper and the contact have switched if that makes any sense. I would imagine it is a program issue to be resolved on the keypad.

Does anyone have any ideas for this or have a program manual for this alarm?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I will send you the manual for this panel.
    The only programming issue that would cause this would be if you changed the EOL (end of line) settings for that zone.
    Other than that its a connection issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 muller3

Thank you for the manual.

Is there a known way to change the EOL back from the keypad?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes, if you have the engineer code.

That I do. I have access to the installer menu.

In engineer mode goto >Inputs > Zones > Zone number > Loop > Single,Duel or Non EOL.

• Advertisement

That worked great. Thank you Koolkid.

Your welcome.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LostInDharma

Thought it simpler to add to this thread instead of adding a new one.

So, I have the same problem, telling me I have a tamper error. Turns out my outside box is in bits. Water damaged and tamper switch broken. So Im planning to change the box.

Is there a way to completely bypass the outside box ? Like short out the tamper switch from the inside control PCB ?

Thanks

Thought it simpler to add to this thread instead of adding a new one.

So, I have the same problem, telling me I have a tamper error. Turns out my outside box is in bits. Water damaged and tamper switch broken. So Im planning to change the box.

Is there a way to completely bypass the outside box ? Like short out the tamper switch from the inside control PCB ?

Thanks

Yes you can short the bell hold off and tamper return with a 4k7 resistor .

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes you can short the bell hold off and tamper return with a 4k7 resistor .

Are they labelled on the pcb ?

• Advertisement

The are marked with a symbol like a hammer to the right hand side. The other connections on the same cable will be going over to the left hand side to the terminals with the large and small bells.

So I changed the bell box outside, now when I started it all back up Im getting "mains fault" displayed on the control box.

Any tips ?

Is the mains power on.?
    Is the mains fuse at the power supply Ok?
    Is the lead from the power supply to the pcb connected?

Is the mains power on.?
    Is the mains fuse at the power supply Ok?
    Is the lead from the power supply to the pcb connected?

So I'm not sure how power gets to the box. I connected up all the wires but none looked like power. That's in the bell box.

In the inside box the fuse is fine. 220 appears at the input to the transformer.

Is a mains fault within the bell box or the inside box ?

The mains fault means that ac power is not getting to the panel.
    I presume you have cleared the alert initially by pressing Ok after you enter your code.

The mains fault means that ac power is not getting to the panel.
    I presume you have cleared the alert initially by pressing Ok after you enter your code.

Still showing mains fault. Do you where I can test if the mains is reaching the board. I can measure 220 at the fuse. The the output the transformer is giving 12V DC . Should there be 220 on the Pcb somewhere also ?

If you disconnect the battery does the panel power up when the mains is turned on?

If you disconnect the battery does the panel power up when the mains is turned on?

Good thinking there, it was and then it wasn't so it was showing me there was indeed a fault with the power. When I had the battery connected it was powering up the control box so it all looked good.

So, on close inspection its the fuse connector, its not quite clipping the fuse in tightly, its all a bit loose and the fuse was slightly coming out of place.

So, a BIG THANKS for your help tracking this problem down.

I owe you one !

Your welcome.;)

Advertisement