Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dfb recruitment 2014

Options
  • 22-01-2014 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Hi

Have searched for a thread about this but couldn't find an up to date one, so apologies if I am wrong.

I seen on a certain radio stations website that dfb have been given the go ahead to start recruitment. Does anyone have any idea when or any further details?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

lets hope dcc hr department honor their promise to myself and the others from the recent recruitment

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

lets hope dcc hr department honor their promise to myself and the others from the recent recruitment

Enlighten us? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

The link says it will be an external recruitment drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Great news if its true. The fact I couldn't type ruled me out of the control room recruitment. Back in the game now!

• Advertisement

djor88 wrote: »
    Enlighten us? :)

to qoute the email: im am pleased to inform you have been sucessful at stage ... aptitude testing and you have been placed .... in the order of merit. at this time dcc intend to interview upto and including 100 on the order of merit, should future vacancies arise dcc will contact you directly.

they did indeed do that as they ended up interviewing up to 140 on the order of merit. im just outsode of that number and to be honest am expecting to be interviewed for this new panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

If they are advertising i would imagine the old panel has been scrapped.

If they are advertising i would imagine the old panel has been scrapped.

well the current panel is still live with a sizable amount of people on it. until i get an email stating you need to re apply and that sorry we lied... im staying hopeful.

From what I gather they will be recruiting for fire fighters in the campaign. The last campaign before Xmas was for control room staff.

bono_v wrote: »
    From what I gather they will be recruiting for fire fighters in the campaign. The last campaign before Xmas was for control room staff.
    temp control room staff with a view to become firefighters. we sat the same standard firefighter aptitude tests just with the aditional typing skills tests relating to the controller.

• Advertisement

temp control room staff with a view to become firefighters. we sat the same standard firefighter aptitude tests just with the aditional typing skills tests relating to the controller.

Yes but it was a campaign advertised specifically for temporary control room staff which after four years "may" lead onto fire fighting duties. That's what they were recruiting for. Load of bxxxxx for those of you who jumped through hoops and made it onto the panel. Disgraceful actually if its true. But absolutely nothing would surprise me with DCC anymore. But has any one got a more reliable source than 98 fm? Because I'd take it with a pinch of salt until I hear it from a reliable source.

bono_v wrote: »
    Yes but it was a campaign advertised specifically for temporary control room staff which after four years "may" lead onto fire fighting duties. That's what they were recruiting for. Load of bxxxxx for those of you who jumped through hoops and made it onto the panel. Disgraceful actually if its true. But absolutely nothing would surprise me with DCC anymore. But has any one got a more reliable source than 98 fm? Because I'd take it with a pinch of salt until I hear it from a reliable source.

agreed, there is nothing on publicjobs.ie and the usual spots. i hope it isn't crossed wires. from the wording they said its the first external recruitment since the recession, which isnt true, well unless they dont count the controller recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

I'd imagine that this will be a brand new drive, considering it'll be for FF positions and an external drive.. But you never know! All rumours and hearsay at this point.. Sit and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Lenn Brennan

I was on the panel for the Guards for 5 years and we didn't get any notification whatsoever when they scrapped it.

We had to just hear shatter suggest it wasn't going to be used then a fresh campaign was announced.

Not to stamp on your optimism but just don't expect any courtesy from any of these people

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Nothing in this guys

98 fm have taken it down off their site. I don't know where they came up with this story as it seems completely random.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mad1c

Anyone heard any more on this recruitment or is it another Chinese whisper??

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

98fm made an arse of themselves quite frankly.

Advertisement