Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car scraped at NCT centre

Options
  • 22-01-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I went for my NCT saturday and came home to my horror to see a scrape on the rear door on the left side. When i brought the car to the checkin area, there was only a space to the left of my car. When I left the area I saw someone backing in beside it. Chief suspect.

Where does the law stand here?
    What can I do ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

probably nothing...I doubt they have cctv, but may be worth asking

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Same as anywhere else. Check cctv

• Registered Users Posts: 32 harbourmill

as said before check for cctv. also if contact took place there should be paint from the other car on your car, are you sure it happened at the nct , or could it have happened earlier and you did not notice it till after the nct, a piece of sellotape will lift any paint left by another vehicle if you put the sticky side over the damaged area, that and cctv is your only hope. if you get cctv evidence from the nct then your paint sample should match the car you suspect. at that stage it is a job for the Gardai. Hit and run.

Advertisement