Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameStop Return Policy, broken PS4

Options
  • 22-01-2014 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hey guys, my Ps4 has a damaged HDMI port. I bought it in Gamestop Killarney but I'm in college in Dublin. If I want a replacement or refurbishment, will I need to take it to the store I bought it or will any GameStop do as long as my receipt is valid? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Hey guys, my Ps4 has a damaged HDMI port. I bought it in Gamestop Killarney but I'm in college in Dublin. If I want a replacement or refurbishment, will I need to take it to the store I bought it or will any GameStop do as long as my receipt is valid? Thanks

Ring them in Killarney 0646637517

http://www.gamestop.ie/Help?section=FAQ#consoleSupport

I am having a problem with my games console

We recommend that you check with the console manufacturer first to see if your problem can be easily resolved.

The following websites have a wealth of support information in relation to troubleshooting.

Microsoft: http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/?xr=shellnav

Nintendo: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/assets/region_select.jsp

Sony: http://ie.playstation.com/support/

The manufacturer can advise you as to the next step to take should you continue to have difficulty.

I want to return a product I bought online

Not what you thought? That's okay; you can return products anywhere up to 7 days from receiving the delivery as long as the product and packaging are in brand new condition and unopened.

The easiest way is to pop down to your local GameStop store and return the items across the counter for a quick exchange. Remember to bring your invoice with you. Before you call to your local store please contact our customer service centre at hello@gamestop.ie

If you prefer you can send it back to our online returns department, keep in mind though that if shipping back an item it will take a few days for us to process the return/exchange. Before you send it back to our returns department please contact our customer service centre at hello@gamestop.ie

If you feel that you need to contact us, feel free to give us a call on 018135320 or send us an email at hello@gamestop.ie

Sunday 1:00-5:00 p.m.
    Monday 10:00-6:00 p.m.
    Tuesday 10:00-6:00 p.m.
    Wednesday 10:00-6:00 p.m.
    Thursday 10:00-6:00 p.m.
    Friday 9:00-6:00 p.m.
    Saturday 9:00-6:00 p.m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

I bought it at launch. I rang Sony and they said contact Game Stop before trying Sony again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

GameStop are after telling me now to go back to Sony. I'll keep ye posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

you can choose to have Sony or gamrstop sort it for you as you are well within warranty. Most people go back to the shop they bought it in and let them deal with the manufacturer. Id go to gamestop and nicely tell them you bought it there you need them to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You might be better off asking in this forum - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

From their charter:
    If things go wrong who is responsible for putting them right?

The seller: -always. It is the seller who has the contract with the buyer/consumer and the seller is always responsible to the consumer.

Personally I would talk to Gamestop but have a read of that charter - go in armed - know your rights - even have them printed, unfortunately in some stores the staff don't know your rights so you have to fight for it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I was told when I bought mine that if I have any problems I need to go through Sony which I calmly replied "with all due respect I'm taking a contract out with you, not Sony. And Sony's website is pretty clear in advising PS4 users to deal with their retailers for faulty or damaged products and hardware.

I'd be going into Gamestop and reminding them of their responsibilities under the Consumers act, and advising you contacted Sony who told you they do not operate a service like Microsoft.

Only Microsoft, Apple and Dyson are the main companies that advise retailers to direct customers to deal with them directly, or to send items of to Sony for repair ( not to provide replacements).

"You need to deal with manufacturer" is not a valid option for the retailer. Refund, replacement or repair, as they feel warranted, is the only options they have.

So while they might send the console of for repair rather then give you a new one, they cannot direct you to deal with Sony, they are paid a percentage for a reason.

Knowledge is power people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Or send them a tweet on twitter, once that is online and viewable by all, they quickly respond. @GameStopIreland

I'll ask them now.

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

TheDoc wrote: »
    I was told when I bought mine that if I have any problems I need to go through Sony which I calmly replied "with all due respect I'm taking a contract out with you, not Sony. And Sony's website is pretty clear in advising PS4 users to deal with their retailers for faulty or damaged products and hardware.

I'd be going into Gamestop and reminding them of their responsibilities under the Consumers act, and advising you contacted Sony who told you they do not operate a service like Microsoft.

Only Microsoft, Apple and Dyson are the main companies that advise retailers to direct customers to deal with them directly, or to send items of to Sony for repair ( not to provide replacements).

"You need to deal with manufacturer" is not a valid option for the retailer. Refund, replacement or repair, as they feel warranted, is the only options they have.

So while they might send the console of for repair rather then give you a new one, they cannot direct you to deal with Sony, they are paid a percentage for a reason.

Knowledge is power people

Not being demanding or going in with an attitude also helps, at the end of the day a "Refund, replacement or repair" is also the most they have to offer and if they decided to they can just blow you off and make you go through the small claims court after which you still only get a "Refund, replacement or repair" which takes time and a small sum of money which you can't claim against them for.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

GameStop are after telling me now to go back to Sony. I'll keep ye posted.

If you just bought that, that's BS.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Varik wrote: »
    Not being demanding or going in with an attitude also helps, at the end of the day a "Refund, replacement or repair" is also the most they have to offer and if they decided to they can just blow you off and make you go through the small claims court after which you still only get a "Refund, replacement or repair" which takes time and a small sum of money which you can't claim against them for.

Totally agree, at the same time, I wouldn't accept being fed horse**** either.

Irish retailers get off with it way to easy by just bending the law or in some cases making it up entirely.

You should be able to deal with any issue at store level, via either the sales assistant or on duty manager. I typically don't do the pantry to Twitter or Facebook, unless complimenting top service etc. but while I've never lost the rag when dealing with a faulty product, I've had a fair few battles.

That also includes having them with customers themselves, as a retail manager for a number of years. The consumer act isn't overly difficult to understand, it's relatively plain English, and there is a consumer agency provided by our government to help and advise with issues, and in a lot of cases taking a case on your behalf.

People in this country just seem to accept bull**** and rubbish service, rather then make a fuss about it :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement