Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reset password for old panel

Options
  • 22-01-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭

hi boardies, a friend has moved house ,which has an old itec horizon panel, its working fine,but as he has just moved in he wanted to change the password. He has the code to turn on and off the panel. I know the engineer code to open the panel etc, but can not remember how to change the operator code. Can anyone help,please?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try enter existing code *# new code *

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭horse7

Thanks,will give it a shot. I also wanted to ask,how can i open the panel as i want to use the facilities to reset the bell (length of time)and sensitivity level for inertia sensors. i have tried the manual engineer code 0xxxx but there is no centre bar display. Will i have to take the power off the panel (mains)open the panel and take battery back up off, to return to factory set? If i do ,will the manual code 0xxxx operate the panel? and will any SAB go off as i will not be in engineer mode? thanks again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you remove the battery and the mains power the sab will activate.

so is there any way of resetting the panel engineer code?

It's such an old system, I can't remember if there is a factory link on them or not. If there is remove it before powering the panel up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

KoolKid wrote: »
    It's such an old system, I can't remember if there is a factory link on them or not. If there is remove it before powering the panel up again.

Its the 6 zone one isn't it, if my memory is correct there is a little LK1 link on the PCB.
    Good luck with it OP, do you have the actual installation manual for it?

I'd be taking out more of them than I would be programming.;)

yes have a manual,but trying to avoid the sab going off, if it does how long roughly would it ring for? i do not even know if this system had an sab installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

horse7 wrote: »
    yes have a manual,but trying to avoid the sab going off, if it does how long roughly would it ring for? i do not even know if this system had an sab installed.

Sorry about the delay, can you describe the bell box. My reasoning is the earlier bell boxes especially the traditional types which are of the same vintage as your control panel, did not have the technology within to shut down after 15 mins in the event of a complete power down. Having said that though I would be surprised if a 20 year old bell box still has a functioning module within it.

Advertisement