Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish TV/Movies online, Netflix or Youtube?

• 22-01-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I want to encourage my 13 year old son to do well in Irish in secondary school but I'm not much help to him as I don't speak any Irish whatsoever.

A friend suggested that he watch TG4 to get an ear for conversational Irish which I think is a great idea but it would be better for him if he could watch a series like a soap or something similar online on his tablet with his headphones on etc as that's what he naturally does in his spare time e.g. he's currently watching Vampire Diaries on Netflix on his tablet.

I know he can watch current programs on the TG4 player so it's non TG4 player content I'm looking for. Does anyone here know of any sort of TV series or set of movies in Irish which would be suitable/of interest to a teenager and available to watch on demand?

BTW my son is going to a Gaeltacht college for 3 weeks in the summer so this is just an idea to supplement his school studies etc.

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭An gal gréine

COD as Gaeilge on Youtube might be what you are looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

COD as Gaeilge

Thanks for the reply. What's COD?

Ben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭An gal gréine

BenThere wrote: »

Ben

Could be his initials.

Enter "COD as Gaeilge" in it's entirety and you'll find all his videos there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Could be his initials.

Enter "COD as Gaeilge" in it's entirety and you'll find all his videos there.

Cheers,

Looks weird to me but might be perfect for the young lad.

Ben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭GaelMise

BenThere wrote: »

Ben

COD = Call of Duty, which is a video game that the channel was origianaly set up for, but the latest COD games are failry dire so the channel branched out into other stuff.

You can check out this channel too, has a lot of TG4 stuff on it going back a few years. http://www.youtube.com/user/SeanOBriain/videos

• Advertisement
Advertisement