Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buggy board?

Options
  • 22-01-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

Looking for a buggy board type thing to fit a baby jogger city select and also a petit star zia if possible? has anyone used one with either of these buggies and have recommendations? im getting confused online with all the mixed reviews of whether they fit or not and which one we should get! at the moment im thinking the buggyboard maxi as the website claims itll fit both buggies but im not sure.
    My eldest is almost 2 and tall and independant and had a shot on her cousins one the other day and is now dying for one - also it would be handy for me not to have to bring the 2 seats on the baby jogger when possible as it would be easier for nipping to the shop etc.
    any advice welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

We got the lascal one for our Quinny, it seems to fit most buggies if you google they have a list on their site.

Our eldest also had a go on one and loved it. Like you thought it would be easier with a single buggy than hauling the double buggy around especially as she wanted to walk most of the time.

Unfortunately it didn't work out for us. She point blank refuses to use the buggy board for longer than 10 seconds! Our double buggy came back out so at least we can strap her in if needed. All she wants is to be carried when tired ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I got a present of one, pain in the bum.

She liked for a while but my back was broken trying to lean over her to push the buggy.

Also it was impossible to fold the buggy with it on.

It seems like a such idea, but no.

I had the scallywags one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Got the lascal one and it fits both buggies. It's only been 2 outings tho so maybe the novelty will wear off but she loves it! It seems much easier than bringing the double when just nipping to shop etc - or just to bring dog for short walk, not sure how she will do with longer walks but for those we plan on bringing the 2 seats on the city select so she can alternate between the two, it just means we don't always have to bring double ... But as ye have noticed maybe she won't like it - so far so good tho so fingers crossed - she's not 2 for another few weeks so I think it'd be too much to ask her to manage a long walk but she's very independent so seems to like it so far... I'll keep ye updated ;)
    Thanks for the info!
    P.s they are a pain to fit to the Buggy!
    The city select goes almost flat tho and as has handles can lengthen I can take pretty much a full stride with her on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My daughter used the buggy religiously un until last Nov. (at 37 months) I really thought she'd refuse to use it before then but she loved sitting beside her brother.

My 2 year old wants to change between walking and not walking, every 4 mins, whether thats sling / buggy etc! Once he can see vehicles, he is happy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement