Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

G&D AR15 DTW

• 22-01-2014 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have one of these or any other "affordable" DTW such as the A&K one? I know a Dublin retailer had some a while back and am very interested to hear from anyone with experience of them.
    Thanks in advance for any information

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Hey Matey

I got one at Christmas from my good lady.

For the money you get a lot of TW for your money.

They aren't 100% out of the box, but with not a lot of effort they can be.

Quality wise the receiver, pistol grip, ris barrel etc are of decent quality (not Systema quality, but good for the money).
    The stock tube is a bit thinner than I would of liked. And the cranestock has to be the cheapest quality one I have ever seen.

Firstly mine only fired a bb every 2nd shot, this is down to the end cap needing shimming correctly to push the cylinder right up to the hop unit.
    Mine just needed the stock tube screwing in an extra turn.

Second thing was the hop adjuster (grub screw). This is too loose a fit and adjusts itself when firing the DTW. This is easily fixed with some light strength threadlock or Bostik Serious Gel glue (not super glue).
    It still allows the grub screw to be adjusted but stops it drifting.

Third thing is clean the barrel. It is manky straight out of the box.

After that it is good to go. Personally the G&D mag isn't great. I have been using PTW mags.

For me the hop didn't have enough of an effect for me so I took the adjuster out and replaced the 2 cushions with an adjuster spring and replaced the nub with a slightly wider one.

Hope that helps:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭WaldeT

How do you find the range and accuracy once the issues you mentioned above are solved?

Been checking on this as well and I've seen recommendations to change the outer barrel and hop up units for Systema versions.

The outer barrel seems to be decent enough. I can't see a real reason to replace it, unless you are fitting the Systema hop unit.
    It is slightly off spec for the Systema unit.

Range and accuracy are decent enough and not far off my Systema.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭WaldeT

Thanks Rooky

Appreciate your feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

I've had a C-DTW which is a DTW with a few bits and pieces from Celcius for almost a year now and I love it. I got it from JD airsoft in the UK.
    It comes with a Celcius Reformtion II inner barrel, Celcius electrics as spare and an STTS hop, the rest of the AEG is G&D DTW.
    The stock electrics are fine but don't have a burst-fire feature, also if you want to change the electrics you have to swap out the entire electrical train as the G&D stuff won't work work with anything else. The only problem I had was when I dropped it and cracked the rear lug on the upper reciver, I had to send it back to JD to get it feeding again(turns out it was the wrong type of upper, but that was my fault, not the AEGs)
    If you do splash out on one I recommend you change the connectors to deans,give the barrel a good clean and have a look at the piston as that could be gummed up as well. I have read of some people getting a dud but in my experience its a good buy if your looking for a TW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

Just to mention the newer DTW's have the burst mosfet. It can be programmed to burst fire 3 to 30 bbs:-)
    Works fine in mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

Where can i get one of these?:P ive seen a few on asian sites but id prefer if i could get one within the eu? And what price should i expect to pay?

matty1994 wrote: »
    Where can i get one of these?:P ive seen a few on asian sites but id prefer if i could get one within the eu? And what price should i expect to pay?

I got mine from Hobby Airsoft and the price was €360.
    I think another Irish retailer has some but not sure which one.

Advertisement