Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian & Vegan Marshmallows Available in Dublin!

Options
  • 22-01-2014 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I was shopping in The Health Store in Stillorgan (Co. Dublin) today and I came across these vegetarian and vegan marshmallows! They are called 'Freedom Mallows' and cost €3.49. I'd imagine that the other branches of The Health Store might have them too, or at least be able to order them. The vanilla flavour packet just said 'suitable for vegetarians', but the strawberry packet said 'suitable for vegans'. I've emailed the company to clarify because the vanilla packet does appear to be suitable for vegans. Anyhow, I bought and ate the strawberry packet today and can confirm they are yummy :D
    290178.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Hi again! I received a response from the company and can confirm that all their products are suitable for both vegans and vegetarians. They will be updating the labelling on the vanilla packaging in the next production line. Yey! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

OH MY GOD! You've just made my day week month!!!

Could you do me a favour and melt one over a flame to see if they act the same as non-veggie marshmallows??? I'd drive to stillorgan JUST to get these if so. It's probably the one thing I miss- a camp fire (or BBQ) with melted marshmallows on a stick! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiralbound

Brilliant, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Ha ha ha! Sorry Raminahobbin - I managed to devour the entire packet the day I bought them, so have none left to test their melting ability. It's been many a year since I had a non-vegetarian marshmallow, but these were really delicious and fluffy, and I'm pretty sure they are probably as good as the original.

I plan on buying some more soon, so when I do I'll give the flame test a go for you :)

I've tried a few types of veggie marshmallow before, but I've always had to order online in the past, so it's great that I can finally buy these in a local shop. Actually, The Vegan Store have the same brand of marshmallows available on their site now, so if you don't live in Dublin and are feeling indulgent I would certainly recommend this brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Oh wow this is super news!! I miss bbq'd marshmallows so much, hope they go the same way as the regular ones! Will have to look for these in Cork.

• Advertisement

Just to update quickly- I bought (and devoured...) a pack of these in The Health Store in Blanch, so I'd imagine they're widely available in the chain.

Sorry for zombie thread revival, I completely forgot about them until I saw them at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Did you do the melt test or just quickly devoured them?

Did you do the melt test or just quickly devoured them?

*ahem*
    :o

Will do the melt test next time...

Advertisement