Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC monitor turns on for two seconds then goes black, repair or replace?

Options
  • 23-01-2014 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Nightmare. Middle of a raid and my monitor goes black. Long story short had a google and it appears to be a capacitor or inverter that is gone. It is a lovely 22inch Lg monitor taht I'd be sick if I lost it.

But sadly it looks like a hardware fault.

Just wondering if anyone knows a good shout on monitor repairs, or is it expensive to a point of just going to buy a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

have you access to another PC or a laptop that you can connect the monitor to, so as to rule out your graphics card.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

johndoe99 wrote: »
    have you access to another PC or a laptop that you can connect the monitor to, so as to rule out your graphics card.

I've a dual monitor setup, using second one as we speak, definitely not GFX card.

To be fair who am I kidding, 7 year old monitor. I've picked out a BENQ one I'll pickup if this doesnt magically fix itself over night

• Registered Users Posts: 27 claystevens

Just replace. Which BenQ do you choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah ordered last night from Pixmania. 24 inch monitor with good reviews all round, ill post the link when I get home but did indepth reading and review searching and it got good reviews all round

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭anotherposter

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hi all,

Nightmare. Middle of a raid and my monitor goes black. Long story short had a google and it appears to be a capacitor or inverter that is gone. It is a lovely 22inch Lg monitor taht I'd be sick if I lost it.

But sadly it looks like a hardware fault.

Just wondering if anyone knows a good shout on monitor repairs, or is it expensive to a point of just going to buy a new one?

the invertor is blown... depending on how old the monitor is it might be cheaper by a new one

i have 2 monitors like that

• Advertisement
Advertisement