Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bachelor Of Scienece In Bioscience

Options
  • 23-01-2014 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey guys, just looking of a bit of information on this i.e Lecturers, hours, project, report, Job prospects, etc. Been out of education for a while so trying to get an idea of what the course entails.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RosemaryMcC

[e="EJ88;88612643"]Hey guys, just looking of a bit of information on this i.e Lecturers, hours, project, report, Job prospects, etc. Been out of education for a while

Same question for my son hoping to go Sept 2015?

[e="EJ88;88612643"]Hey guys, just looking of a bit of information on this i.e Lecturers, hours, project, report, Job prospects, etc. Been out of education for a while so trying to get an idea of what the course entails.[/quote]

My son is looking for this info for Sep 2015 intake. Did u go and how are you getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EJ88

Yeah I went back, seems like an all right course. Just finished the first semester, start exams tommorrow. The first year covers general sciences (physics, chemistry & biology) & maths. I had a bit of a background in science so that helped but everybody starts off on the same foot anyway.

My son has now applied for first choice bioscience and second choice common entry science. Change of mind facility now open and he thinks he might swap choices. Honours A in biology and Ag science but concerned about lack of chemistry and physics. Did you have any regrets re course u chose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 EJ88

My son has now applied for first choice bioscience and second choice common entry science. Change of mind facility now open and he thinks he might swap choices. Honours A in biology and Ag science but concerned about lack of chemistry and physics. Did you have any regrets re course u chose?

Nah I have no regrets. Honestly if he likes science he should pick up Chemistry no problem. I didn't do any chemistry since the Junior cert & I found it ok.

I had a bit if a background in physics but the first year everyone starts off on the same foot. While experience in subjects is handy, it's not nessescary. Actually the hardest subject I found was Maths, but I think that was mostly cause of the lecturer.

Thank you so much for your help. Won't torture you again. He just has to decide between common entry or bio now. (Wants to be as sure as possible as took a year out and tried a foundation degree in engineering in NI - way too advanced for him even with honours B engineering and alienvin comparison to LC!!) Best of luck to you.

Advertisement