Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well Done...

• 23-01-2014 2:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭

...Barney. The best ever at this sort of stroke. Legend.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

myhorse wrote: »
    ...Barney. The best ever at this sort of stroke. Legend.

What were the opening prices and what did they go off at?

Not sure I would share OP's sentiments to be honest. Does this not mean that in previous races he was instructing jockey not to try?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

Collie D wrote: »

Not sure I would share OP's sentiments to be honest. Does this not mean that in previous races he was instructing jockey not to try?

Not necessarily, his modus operandi over the last few years is to buy talented horses who have dropped badly in form, he runs them a few times but because of their decline/problems they don't show much form.

He then gives them a lot of time off to try and resolve their injuries & get them back in form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

radharc wrote: »
    Not necessarily, his modus operandi over the last few years is to buy talented horses who have dropped badly in form, he runs them a few times but because of their decline/problems they don't show much form.

He then gives them a lot of time off to try and resolve their injuries & get them back in form.

Fair enough. I'm just too cynical

Advertisement