Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need parental permission?

• 23-01-2014 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I just turned 16 and I was wondering
    If I'd be able to get my septum pierced in Tipperary or Waterford without having a parent with me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

Evie_marie wrote: »
    I just turned 16 and I was wondering
    If I'd be able to get my septum pierced in Tipperary or Waterford without having a parent with me?

I'd say it depends on the place and how old you look. I like piercings and I have a few tatoos.

But ...

Septum? I'd have a long think before I'd get that done if I was you. Sore spot , and looks poxy tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Evie_marie

I can pass for about 18 :) I know they can look off on some people but I have thought about it for a couple of months and I have my heart set on it, the pain wouldn't bother me I have 12 piercings and tattoo and they barely hurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

Evie_marie wrote: »
    I can pass for about 18 :) I know they can look off on some people but I have thought about it for a couple of months and I have my heart set on it, the pain wouldn't bother me I have 12 piercings and tattoo and they barely hurt

I suppose , sure whatever makes you happy. Just hope you don't regret it in a couple of years. People change. And 16 is very young. Best of luck with it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Heya,

Legally speaking no, you do not, but it is down to the individual piercer, and the chances are, you won't find a reputable piercer who will pierce you without a parent present. So if you find a place where they will pierce you with no parent there, I would not get work done there. You may find a decent piercer who will pierce you with a parent there.

Now, you have just turned 16, give it a long think about it, 16 is young, but you already have a couple of piercings already so you seem to know what you want (for now) as another poster has said, people do change.

Your septum would be one of the ones least to be concerned about as you can hide it, and if you decide to take it out some day, the scar is very well hidden.

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Sandrutute

Well , I needed my mum to sign the Form and Give permission To do me a tattoo, And For my other Piercings .
    Well I was a Teen when i got my tattoo done, I don't regret it , but I did it in a bad place and i have to get it redone . I would say Wait For couple of months if your desition doesn't change then get it. because when you want something you don't think and get it and then regret it :))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Karlitto wrote: »
    you won't find a reputable piercer who will pierce you without a parent present.

in fairness that's not always true. My piercer didn't want my parent/s there, but he asked for I.D... He saw I was 17 (birthday same day) and said it's grand then.. In fairness if the rule they have is under 16 no parent no metal, if you're over 16 then why would they want your mom or dad there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

who tattooed you when you were younger than 16?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

who tattooed you when you were younger than 16?

A bad artist who gets such little business he needs to tattoo a child. If I was a tattoist I'd laugh any kid out of my store looking for a tattoo

Advertisement