Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO - ESB/Vodafone Fibre To The Home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Has anyone actually had SIRO FFTH installed to home in Drogheda? Grange Rath / Deepforde /Five Oaks / Stameen area's.

SIRO says its available, Digiweb sales say its not Vodafone sales say it is. I got feeling from Vodafone sales centre they were only looking to sign me up....then worry about providing connection somewhere in the distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭yammagamma

esb/siro installing in dooradoyle in limerick , electricity turned off on the road for the day on wednesday and this is the second day electricity turned off on the road for esb/siro leaving all residents without power and i say 80 percent of residents in the estate are in there 70`s ..
    they already have the option of virgin media on cable, eir fttc so why install siro there, it makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Just got this installed, on 150Meg package with VF.
    Im guessing it has to do some training?
    Current speeds with PC connected to ethernet and its the only one connected to modem i get( from http://beta.speedtest.net/run server vodafone dublin ):
    Download: 3.34Mbps
    Upload: 30.86Mbps

Same for multiple runs. Tried with different cable from router to the box, same.

Umm.........

*EDIT* Got it sorted, used other LAN port on router and its fine, duh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

I think my phone is at its limit... If this was vm I would be only getting 10% of that on wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ro23

ro23 wrote: »
    In Bray there's vans with the brand name Axione, with 'working on behalf of Siro' logos on them. According to articles online they had previously expressed an interest in the NPB tender themselves not working with Siro.

Just back on this, here's pic of the van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Dingaan

What is the installation process for Siro in the home?
    Where is the entry point for the fibre, and will the engineer install the modem anywhere you request them?

Sorry if this has been asked already before.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Westnet Paul are you in a position to confirm what type of modem you will be supplying with siro?

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep Westnet: Paul

irishgeo wrote: »
    Westnet Paul are you in a position to confirm what type of modem you will be supplying with siro?

It looks like we'll be using FRITZ!Box 4040s. We're already using them to good effect with our eir FTTH installs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

It looks like we'll be using FRITZ!Box 4040s. We're already using them to good effect with our eir FTTH installs.

Hello Paul,

Are you doing Eir ftth installs in Castlebar? It's very hard to tell what areas have coverage...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Obelisk working on behalf of SIRO are in the Cardy Rock estate in Balbriggan.

They are currently checking that all the ducts are ready for the fibre. They were using a jack hammer on one of the pavements which I guess goes to show that even in the more recently built estates, there is a lot of work involved.

I asked whether another crew would be coming to blow the fibre. They said that they were doing everything and people should be able to place orders by end June.

• Advertisement

Hello Paul,

Are you doing Eir ftth installs in Castlebar? It's very hard to tell what areas have coverage...

Yes, we are.

The areas that currently have eir FTTH available in Castlebar are:
    • Carrabeag
    • Cherrington Place
    • Dunbeag
    • Fairways
    • Fortlands
    • Fr Meehan Place
    • Knockaphunta Park
    • Lakeshore Drive
    • Lawn Park
    • Lawn View
    • Lios na Circe
    • Manor Village
    • Meadow Park
    • Northbrook
    • Oakfield Manor
    • Springfield Court
    • St Martin's Terrace
    • Summerfield
    • The Willows

I think that's most of them. The best way to check for sure is to contact us with an Eircode and we'll try to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Does that mean you will not be offering a VOIP service as that box has no phone connections?

Does that mean you will not be offering a VOIP service as that box has no phone connections?

Right now our niche is broadband only. No phone, no TV, just properly fast broadband to do with as you see fit.

Of course, that's always under review. If a phone service becomes something we offer, we'll review our CPE choice, but it will probably still be a FRITZ!Box.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tkrysiak

Question for people with more knowledge on the subject: are there any news on Siro in Skerries? Don't seem to be able to find anything new on the subject from 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

tkrysiak wrote: »
    Question for people with more knowledge on the subject: are there any news on Siro in Skerries? Don't seem to be able to find anything new on the subject from 2017?

Potentially low on their lists as Skerries was one of OE's test zones for VDSL and it has a really good cab network due to the youth of most of the estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tkrysiak

ED E wrote: »
    Potentially low on their lists as Skerries was one of OE's test zones for VDSL and it has a really good cab network due to the youth of most of the estates.

Thanks for the info, guess I am stuck with my 17MB for now ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Yes, we are.

The areas that currently have eir FTTH available in Castlebar are:
    • Carrabeag
    • Cherrington Place
    • Dunbeag
    • Fairways
    • Fortlands
    • Fr Meehan Place
    • Knockaphunta Park
    • Lakeshore Drive
    • Lawn Park
    • Lawn View
    • Lios na Circe
    • Manor Village
    • Meadow Park
    • Northbrook
    • Oakfield Manor
    • Springfield Court
    • St Martin's Terrace
    • Summerfield
    • The Willows

I think that's most of them. The best way to check for sure is to contact us with an Eircode and we'll try to confirm.

Whats the plan for Blackfort Manor?? If any?? and Timeline if any also please??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

ED E wrote: »
    tkrysiak wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, guess I am stuck with my 17MB for now ;-)
    Balbriggan is full of new estates. Cardy Rock where SIRO have just started even has a cab in the estate itself. First balbriggan, then Skerries, then Rush, I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

Finally got installed today.Went for the 350 meg package but the fasted test i have gotten connected to the router is about 180 meg.I thought it would be more.Is there anyone else in portlaoise getting pretty crappy speeds?I have also attached speed test and install pics.Installer was no craic And would only run cable across front of house at just over head height.So just got him place router inside hall other side of electrical box.Sorry boards wont let me post pics

FaganJr wrote: »
    Whats the plan for Blackfort Manor?? If any?? and Timeline if any also please??

I have no idea, I'm afraid. I don't get any information from open eir any earlier than any other ISP does, and I don't have detailed coverage information from SIRO yet.

If you contact us with your Eircode, we'll let you know what your current options are, and keep you updated about any FTTH developments as soon as we hear about them. Blackfort Manor is currently VDSL territory, with speeds varying from 7M to 100M (with most houses in the upper end of that range).

• Advertisement

Just an update done a speedtest this morning and just getting 40 meg.Any ideas what could be wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭talla

bozharry1 wrote: »
    Just an update done a speedtest this morning and just getting 40 meg.Any ideas what could be wrong?

Wired or wireless?
    This is what I'm getting Wireless on the 350 package, however I do get the full download speed connected via Ethernet.

6342404012.png

talla wrote: »
    Wired or wireless?
    This is what I'm getting Wireless on the 350 package, however I do get the full download speed connected via Ethernet.

6342404012.png

Wired and with laptop that supports gig lan

bozharry1 wrote: »
    Wired and with laptop that supports gig lan

Is it Vodafone?
    If it is, the supplied HG659 router is a piece of crap.
    Have also read about certain instances with the LAN ports being restricted to 100mb. I'm running off a netgear nighthawk router and wifi extenders.

Also on 350 package.Over 200 on WiFi but speed plugged in is bad

Is it Vodafone?
    If it is, the supplied HG659 router is a piece of crap.
    Have also read about certain instances with the LAN ports being restricted to 100mb. I'm running off a netgear nighthawk router and wifi extenders.

Yeah Vodafone.Have not cancelled VM yet.Want to get this sorted first.Really thought I would be getting at least 300 on LAN.Have 240 with VM..

If your wifi is ok, sounds like its a restriction on that LAN ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭irishgeo

how would one tell that from the router settings?

irishgeo wrote: »
    how would one tell that from the router settings?
    Sorry not sure.
    But here is an example of what bozharry1 was describing.
    https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Technical-Support/Huawei-HG659-Ethernet-Ports-LAN-limited-to-100Mbps/td-p/196005

• Advertisement

Any way to change it?

Advertisement