Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO - ESB/Vodafone Fibre To The Home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭digiman

Manc Red wrote: »
    We have the 350 package and get 150 wired.

What's your upload? If it's max out at 30mb then the person placing the order put you on the wroing package.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

ED E wrote: »
    That sounds suspiciously like the OLT is provisioning you on the base profile.

Its possible from a systems perspective that the retail system has to provide the product info to the wholesale OSS in order to configure new lines. If its not fixed in the morning I'd call support.

The installer tested it before he left and it was reading at around 355.

digiman wrote: »
    What's your upload? If it's max out at 30mb then the person placing the order put you on the wroing package.

It's 70.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Try a few types of speedtest so (speedtest.net, heanet, speedof.me)

ED E wrote: »
    Try a few types of speedtest so (speedtest.net, heanet, speedof.me)

Yeah did all that.

Vodafone are sending out a new modem now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The installer tested it before he left and it was reading at around 355.

Did he test it with his laptop or yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

Yeah did all that.

Vodafone are sending out a new modem now.

Disable you're firewall then do a test.I had same problems.Also make sure that your PC wired can handle gigabit speed.Some cards can only handle 100 megabytes,So no matter what speed is coming in it all depends on your card.Also on WiFi connect to the 5g network

Did he test it with his laptop or yours?

His own.
    bozharry1 wrote: »
    Disable you're firewall then do a test.I had same problems.Also make sure that your PC wired can handle gigabit speed.Some cards can only handle 100 megabytes,So no matter what speed is coming in it all depends on your card.Also on WiFi connect to the 5g network

Did all that. Laptop is less than a year old and has AC WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the christmas siro were aiming for in having siro in castlebar and westport must have been Christmas 2018 as this rate.

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep Westnet: Paul

irishgeo wrote: »
    the christmas siro were aiming for in having siro in castlebar and westport must have been Christmas 2018 as this rate.

Don't despair! There's more going on behind the scenes than there has been for a while.

OK, Christmas 2016 is probably unrealistic at this stage, but I'm very confident we'll be up and running for Christmas 2017! :D

Seriously, it shouldn't be long now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Don't despair! There's more going on behind the scenes than there has been for a while.

OK, Christmas 2016 is probably unrealistic at this stage, but I'm very confident we'll be up and running for Christmas 2017!

Seriously, it shouldn't be long now.

Not having a go at you guys but it looks like Virgin are gonna get to all doors first!!

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep Westnet: Paul

FaganJr wrote: »
    Not having a go at you guys but it looks like Virgin are gonna get to all doors first!!

I guess we'll see. Choice is good, no? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭FaganJr

I guess we'll see. Choice is good, no?

Choice is good, hopefully the local guy's prove me wrong! ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Siro branded van in Castlebar today.....

The activio working on behalf of Virgin Media lads are really putting Eir and siro to shame. They have ploughed through the town and really stuck at it. No of this a bit here, wait 6 months and do a bit more.

Siro branded van in Castlebar today.....

The activio working on behalf of Virgin Media lads are really putting Eir and siro to shame. They have ploughed through the town and really stuck at it. No of this a bit here, wait 6 months and do a bit more.

If they launch before siro., it's going to be rather embarrassing after the statement that it would be available before Christmas 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

irishgeo wrote: »
    If they launch before siro., it's going to be rather embarrassing after the statement that it would be available before Christmas 2016.

I can't see how they won't launch before them at this stage.... Leaflets have already gone out to homes advertising the service.

It's a great position for castlebar to be in. If you had told me only 3 years ago when Castlebar first got VDSL that you would very soon have the possibility of 3 different providers supplying your building with their own fibre..... I would have called you mad. A lot of buildings will genuinely have the option of 3 different fibre connections entering their house.

I can't see how they won't launch before them at this stage.... Leaflets have already gone out to homes advertising the service.

It's a great position for castlebar to be in. If you had told me only 3 years ago when Castlebar first got VDSL that you would very soon have the possibility of 3 different providers supplying your building with their own fibre..... I would have called you mad. A lot of buildings will genuinely have the option of 3 different fibre connections entering their house.
    Be interesting to see what areas are covered.

Eircom is available for my estate atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jimmad

ordered siro yesterday, does anyone know if its possible to port over your eir number when the eir lines terminated?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

jimmad wrote: »
    ordered siro yesterday, does anyone know if its possible to port over your eir number when the eir lines terminated?

Think you should have requested this as part of your order, did they not ask you?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

When the service is killed the number goes back into limbo, very difficult to get that undone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭talla

Mgit wrote: »
    Think you should have requested this as part of your order, did they not ask you?
    Not sure its possible with Vodafone for a phone service with Siro fibre - at least they explicitly made it clear when I was ordering, just went with a VOIP service. Might be different with other providers.

thanks guys, they added it to my request, as its a totally different line they werent able to do it then, worst comes to the worst its a new number, be nice to keep the exsisting one and port over, even to a voip provider if need be...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

thanks guys, they added it to my request, as its a totally different line they werent able to do it then, worst comes to the worst its a new number, be nice to keep the exsisting one and port over, even to a voip provider if need be...

So do they give you a temp number, and then move yours after line is active? Upc/Virgin media is voip too and no issue transferring numbers.
    Would have thought it'd put people off if they couldn't port numbers, I guess most people wanting a landline have a number to transfer

I dont know yet, theres issue with the install, a duct has to be laid from the pole for the install. I'll have to wait until I'm canceling eir to figure out what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Siro (TLI) vans are laying some cables outside my house in Castletroy, Limerick today. The workers mentioned that they should be going live by the end of the year here :D no mention of Limerick as a "planned" area on the website yet though...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Mr. TTime wrote: »
    Siro (TLI) vans are laying some cables outside my house in Castletroy, Limerick today. The workers mentioned that they should be going live by the end of the year here :D no mention of Limerick as a "planned" area on the website yet though...

Lots of SIRO work going on around the area for quiet some time now (since last year), coils of fibre appeared on the poles in the last few months on the road down to the Groody roundabout together with the splice box mounts.

Also yesterday or today, lots of TLI/ESB activity behind Kilmurry Lodge Hotel and across the road beside Chawkes where the main power line crosses the road underground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

The Cush wrote: »
    Lots of SIRO work going on around the area for quiet some time now (since last year), coils of fibre appeared on the poles in the last few months on the road down to the Groody roundabout together with the splice box mounts.

Also yesterday or today, lots of TLI/ESB activity behind Kilmurry Lodge Hotel and across the road beside Chawkes where the main power line crosses the road underground.

Yeah saw TLI in annacotty about 6 months ago. Seemed to be doing duct work. Then I saw them maybe 2 months ago doing pole work and hanging new lines, but haven't seen anything since or have I heard of Siro going live in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

damienirel wrote: »
    Yeah saw TLI in annacotty about 6 months ago. Seemed to be doing duct work. Then I saw them maybe 2 months ago doing pole work and hanging new lines, but haven't seen anything since or have I heard of Siro going live in the area.

I remember ducting being laid in the Newtown area last year. Lots of activity recently, laying new green ducting into the road from the Kimurry roundabout up to the traffic lights on the main road together with what looks like heavy duty work on the main powerline I mentioned earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

The Cush wrote: »
    I remember ducting being laid in the Newtown area last year. Lots of activity recently, laying new green ducting into the road from the Kimurry roundabout up to the traffic lights on the main road together with what looks like heavy duty work on the main powerline I mentioned earlier.

Yeah seem to have started. But no sign of a finish. Very slow rollout from Siro in general think the Eir 300k was a kick for them, that and the strategy they took - where the rollout to areas that already have decent broadband with fttc and cable like virgin. Seems like a dumb strategy to have taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

I saw a vodafone van parked by my apartments, left a note saying I'd like Siro. When the guy came back to his car my doorbell rang and I let him know the problems I was having and how siro and vodafone say I can't get it. He said I could, took my eircode, emailed someone for some code, and signed me up.

I hope he's not full of you know what and I finally get it installed soon.

Advertisement