Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO - ESB/Vodafone Fibre To The Home

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

XsApollo wrote: »
    Hi Martin,
    Do you have any idea what estates in Shannon are planned to be enabled?

There are over 1000 premises already enabled in Shannon. If you PM me your eircode, I can check if your premise is down as planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭XsApollo

There are over 1000 premises already enabled in Shannon. If you PM me your eircode, I can check if your premise is down as planned.

Sound will send a PM.
    I’d Say Siro is my only hope of high speed broadband :-)

Sound will send a PM.
    I’d Say Siro is my only hope of high speed broadband :-)

It's in the planned area of the rollout and down as ducted, so it will be underground.

They are getting nearer to you. The last update they made it as far as the estates near Slattery Park.

We can offer you 80 Mbit/s VDSL at this point and you can change to SIRO after a minimum of 6 months, even while you're in a longer contract with us, if that's any good to you.

It's in the planned area of the rollout and down as ducted, so it will be underground.

They are getting nearer to you. The last update they made it as far as the estates near Slattery Park.

We can offer you 80 Mbit/s VDSL at this point and you can change to SIRO after a minimum of 6 months, even while you're in a longer contract with us, if that's any good to you.

The max Speed I can get here is around 10Mbit/s.
    It’s a fairly new build of houses. The houses accross the road literally 30 meters have eir fiber and virgin.
    I’ve been on to Eir about it and I’d say they have no intention of ever upgrading us and I can’t see virgin coming to kit us out either.

I presume ye are going through Eirs phone line as well?

I presume ye are going through Eirs phone line as well?

Correct. But they must be looking at the wrong database. We have you down for 80 Mbit/s on the eircode you send me. On ADSL2+ from the exchange your max is indeed 12 Mbit/s, but we don't even offer that product.

• Advertisement

Correct. But they must be looking at the wrong database. We have you down for 80 Mbit/s on the eircode you send me. On ADSL2+ from the exchange your max is indeed 12 Mbit/s, but we don't even offer that product.

So what are you saying?
    You think I should be able to get 80Mbit/s?

Actually when I have checked the address before it says up to 80 but when I check the phone line number it says the lower speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Actually when I have checked the address before it says up to 80 but when I check the phone line number it says the lower speed.

Thats because the phone number probably comes back with ADSL2+ figures. Checking on the address comes back with VDSL (FTTC) figures.

/M

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

KN Networks guys have been putting in cables on behalf of Siro recently (underground) in my estate in Ashbourne in Meath. This is down as a planned town, not one coming soon, so I have no expectation that anything will be available particularly soon, but is there any way of telling if it might be available in 6 months or 6 years? I'm not in dire need as my FTTC connection is OK, but it'd be nice to have the option available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

5starpool wrote: »
    KN Networks guys have been putting in cables on behalf of Siro recently (underground) in my estate in Ashbourne in Meath. This is down as a planned town, not one coming soon, so I have no expectation that anything will be available particularly soon, but is there any way of telling if it might be available in 6 months or 6 years? I'm not in dire need as my FTTC connection is OK, but it'd be nice to have the option available.

I live in Ashbourne, which estate is it?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I live in Ashbourne, which estate is it?

A new one across from the golf course, crenigans banog. They were in on Monday running cables between the ESB underground access manholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

They also being doing siro install in Navan past few months
    The install involves different stages

I asked KN networks when will be live and was told you will be informed with a notice through your letterbox when active and ready

I was told estimate August/September to be live for Navan but could take longer

KN networks are doing a lot of Siro first stage install in Meath locations past few months
    Ashbourne/Dunshaughlin/Ratoath/Trim and other locations in Co Meath

Ashbourne is Co Meath

Navan is listed as coming soon
    Ashbourne is listed as planned but should change to coming soon in a few months

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Siro doing alot of work in Dunshaughlin too. They have been very busy in Maelduin estate over the past 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Still on their website.

Phase One, which started in early 2015, will see SIRO initially reaching 500,000 premises in 51 towns and is expected to be fully rolled-out by the end of 2018.

The article reads like they are expanding their ambitions but actually at 450,000 premises this is the first step back from those original plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

Well siro started putting in cable in my estate in Clane about 2 months ago and we have had vodafone rep based in the estate for about a week now, with a brilliant offer on ftth, raging im tied in to VM for another 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Sorry I havent paid attention to SIRO for a long time. It has Ballyshannon and Bundoran down as planned, that will just be in the town wont it, it wont touch anywhere rural like Eir's FTTH is that right?

Does anyone know when they plan to roll out? This has nothing to do with the ENET/SSE announcement from last year does it?

I was amazed to see that this morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

Anyone have a rough idea what the Siro definitions of planned and coming soon mean?
    We'll be in the market for a new house next year, and one of many considerations might be the availability of gigabit broadband. The three main towns where we want to live are all listed as "Planned". Are these towns likely 1 year, 2 years, 3 years out?

Anyone have a rough idea what the Siro definitions of planned and coming soon mean?
    We'll be in the market for a new house next year, and one of many considerations might be the availability of gigabit broadband. The three main towns where we want to live are all listed as "Planned". Are these towns likely 1 year, 2 years, 3 years out?

Depends on where you're looking of course. If you PM me the towns, I can see, if we have an estimated rollout date for these. Or you can email SIRO and they will give you an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

Depends on where you're looking of course. If you PM me the towns, I can see, if we have an estimated rollout date for these. Or you can email SIRO and they will give you an idea.

Hi Martin,
    Celbridge, Maynooth, Leixlip - Co. Kildare.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Hi Martin,
    Celbridge, Maynooth, Leixlip - Co. Kildare.

Thanks!

They are all part of the Dublin West build, which already has started in Clay Farm, Carrickmines. Airwire, Digiweb and Vodafone will be available there.

I need to check with SIRO and see, if they have a timeline for those 3, but the build on that segment has already started.

KOR101 wrote: »
    Still on their website.

Phase One, which started in early 2015, will see SIRO initially reaching 500,000 premises in 51 towns and is expected to be fully rolled-out by the end of 2018.

The article reads like they are expanding their ambitions but actually at 450,000 premises this is the first step back from those original plans.

I think both themselves and Openeir underestimated how difficult building fibre networks is. They have both consistently missed promised deadlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jeffy17

Hopefully somenone could answer this for me, attached is a recent search I've done where I checked two addresses where I received the same response for both addresses:
    "SIRO is not available at this address yet" but you'll see to the left of the image
    there's a strike going through the location icon but on the right (with a different address) it has a calendar and tick icon.

Am I correct in assuming the address on the right is part of the planned rollout?

Jeffy17 wrote: »
    Am I correct in assuming the address on the right is part of the planned rollout?

Hi,

if you PM me the 2 eircodes, I can probably shed some light into that.

Jeffy17 wrote: »

I've checked the 2 eircodes you send me, and it's not quite that easy.

The reason it complains about the first eircode, is because SIRO don't have it in their database. The actual eircode that is. Google doesn't have it either. That's because it's a brand new eircode. We have it in our database, but we actually only got new data last week.

The second eircode is valid and it SIROs database, but there is no information yet, if it's planned or not.

So the different icons tell you, if it's been able to find the eircode you're looking for or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jeffy17

Hi Martin,

Cheers for checking for me, I appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I don't know why I bother, but anyway...

From 2014.....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91093561&postcount=320

And now today....

‘Our 10 new towns announced today is a significant addition to the availability of 100pc gigabit connectivity in Ireland’
    – SEAN ATKINSON

The 10 new towns to become part of the fibre-optic network are Balbriggan, Killarney, Clonmel, Mallow, Shannon, Swords, Ongar, Tyrellstown, Finglas and Clane.

Make that Ongar, Tyrellstown, Finglas and Clane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

My friend in limerick was supposed to get 1GB of vodafone today.The installers wouldn't do it because of cladding in the walls and wouldn't drill into it .There 4 house down same road same problem seem mad they wouldn't do it.

rob808 wrote: »
    My friend in limerick was supposed to get 1GB of vodafone today.The installers wouldn't do it because of cladding in the walls and wouldn't drill into it .There 4 house down same road same problem seem mad they wouldn't do it.

If the premises has exterior insulation they apparently will not drill through it as it voids the warranty of the insulation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

If the premises has exterior insulation they apparently will not drill through it as it voids the warranty of the insulation.
    Then the ESB and vodafone just wasted there money lol.

Advertisement