Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO - ESB/Vodafone Fibre To The Home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cathal9

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Don't know if this applies to Siro only or includes Openeir FTTH, VF offer of Gigabit broadband @ 20 per month for 6 months for online orders, unclear what rate or contract duration is after the 6 months.

Looks like it's a €5 discount per month for 12 months when you buy online. I'd say the discount applies to both, not sure about the pricing though.

Website says this:
    "€20 a month for 6 months. €50 a month for the next 6 months.
    From €55 a month after that."

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SnipSnop

Dymo wrote: »
    I just signed up with Vodafone it went very smooth, deal I got was the package 25 for 6 months and then 50 EUR per month after that with all local calls and national calls. No install charge.

I am an existing Vodafone Customer not sure if that makes a difference.

Unless I am missing something it seems Vodafone have remove the 150 and 300 packages and are now only doing the 1000Mbps option.
    €20.00 for the first 6 months, €50.00 for the next 6 months, €55.00 thereafter

1. I am calling them tomorrow (On the 300Mbps one and paying €55 so upgrade or else)

2. digiweb similar deal. €10 for the first two months. Then €55 after.

3. Sky is a total joke. You would be crazy to signup with them. Stupid prices.
    Capture.PNG?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

SnipSnop wrote: »
    Unless I am missing something it seems Vodafone have remove the 150 and 300 packages and are now only doing the 1000Mbps option.

It's been like that since last year. It's a promotional pricing that is guaranteed for the time of your contract and then will go up to whatever the normal pricing is.

The promotion ends 31.03.2019 for all SIRO providers that are taking part in the promotion, so after that the pricing for new customers may change. Not all SIRO providers offer the promotional pricing.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SnipSnop

Marlow wrote: »
    It's been like that since last year. It's a promotional pricing that is guaranteed for the time of your contract and then will go up to whatever the normal pricing is.

The promotion ends 31.03.2019 for all SIRO providers that are taking part in the promotion, so after that the pricing for new customers may change. Not all SIRO providers offer the promotional pricing.

/M

Ahh, thanks for the explanation, appreciate it. Still going to hit them for an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Does anybody here have the new black Vodafone Router/Modem (I think an SHG 3000) on SIRO

My problem with it is, I have an unwanted partial call waiting on it and, vodafone tell me it is a feature of the modem, and cannot be disabled. Are they correct ? . If so is there an alternative router modem available for me to buy?

The problem is if I am on a call and a second call comes in , I get the pips in my ear but, the caller is not notified and they keep getting ringing assuming I am not answering or am not there. When I hang up I then get a missed call notification on my phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

Was told on Friday by Vodafone that they have an internal notification that Clonakilty is getting SIRO within a maximum of 5 months. Great if it is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jimmad

1. I am calling them tomorrow (On the 300Mbps one and paying €55 so upgrade or else)

Capture.PNG?dl=0
    They wont upgrade you unless to take a tv package, they offered to keep me on my package currently 60 a month for 50 for another 12 months, im switching to digiweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭9726_9726

Capture.PNG?dl=0

What are these providers charging for setup?

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

We have updated the database on our availability checker today.

Premises passed since Christmas within our coverage:
    Athlone - 252
    Carrickmines - 36
    Limerick - 986
    Portlaoise - 35
    Sligo - 1

It can be found here: https://www.airwire.ie/avail

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭MickH503

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    Does anybody here have the new black Vodafone Router/Modem (I think an SHG 3000) on SIRO

My problem with it is, I have an unwanted partial call waiting on it and, vodafone tell me it is a feature of the modem, and cannot be disabled. Are they correct ? . If so is there an alternative router modem available for me to buy?

The problem is if I am on a call and a second call comes in , I get the pips in my ear but, the caller is not notified and they keep getting ringing assuming I am not answering or am not there. When I hang up I then get a missed call notification on my phone

They still cannot provide Caller ID on my phone service and are ignoring my questions on the Talk to forum.
    I would urge everyone to think carefully about signing up to Vodafone FTTH ... seems like their router has problems. Look into the other providers in your area ... my 2 cents.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep Westnet: Paul

There are also 18 new SIRO premises in Castlebar and 83 in Westport. The Castlebar premises are on Tucker Street, while Westport's are divided between Cois Abhainn, The Railwalk, Hillside, and Fairways.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

There are also 18 new SIRO premises in Castlebar and 83 in Westport. The Castlebar premises are on Tucker Street, while Westport's are divided between Cois Abhainn, The Railwalk, Hillside, and Fairways.

Just curious there, any particular date (month at least) set for Carrick on Shannon, Leitrim? Your website says going live soon, so just wonder what time frame does that "soon" means actually...

Thanks for your reply in advance:)

versager wrote: »
    Just curious there, any particular date (month at least) set for Carrick on Shannon, Leitrim? Your website says going live soon, so just wonder what time frame does that "soon" means actually...

Thanks for your reply in advance:)

Was that intended for Martin at Airwire? We only cover Castlebar and Westport where SIRO is concerned.

Was that intended for Martin at Airwire? We only cover Castlebar and Westport where SIRO is concerned.

You're right, Paul. Apologies, this question was meant for Martin, indeed. Still, he could have answered it in the meantime, as long as he reads the thread:pac:. I'll rephrase and point towards him now.

Thanks!

We have updated the database on our availability checker today.

Premises passed since Christmas within our coverage:
    Athlone - 252
    Carrickmines - 36
    Limerick - 986
    Portlaoise - 35
    Sligo - 1

It can be found here: https://www.airwire.ie/avail

Thanks for your reply in advance, Martin:)

Thanks for your reply in advance, Martin:)

I will have to check that with SIRO. The build in Carrick-on-Shannon has not started yet, so we don't get firm dates.

I will have to check that with SIRO. The build in Carrick-on-Shannon has not started yet, so we don't get firm dates.

Thanks for your swift reply, Martin!

I've subscribed to SIRO updates year ago and seeing their map it seems like Leitrim will be amongst the last counties included, it's just in planned stage atm. It wouldn't surprise me if there was no gigabyte broadband available at my place in 2019 going by the speed rate in general. I guess when it's here, it's here (end of 2020 at earliest, to put it realistically:rolleyes:)

With SIRO, we only get firm dates a few months in advance, as they are keeping a fairly fluent build schedule up to the point, that all contracts and licenses are signed.

Galway is such an example. It was planned for Q4/2018, but the build is only just about to start this quarter.

If you have subscribed to news with SIRO, they will update you at the point, when the build gets underway. We also post here, when we start getting information on new builds.

With SIRO, we only get firm dates a few months in advance, as they are keeping a fairly fluent build schedule up to the point, that all contracts and licenses are signed.

Galway is such an example. It was planned for Q4/2018, but the build is only just about to start this quarter.

If you have subscribed to news with SIRO, they will update you at the point, when the build gets underway. We also post here, when we start getting information on new builds.

The more I think about, perhaps it's for the better to receive the 1GB broadband connection at later stage in hope for more affordable prices for 1st time customers (there goes the hope, anyway:P).

I'll keep an eye on this thread and eagerly expect an email from SIRO about starting with Leitrim upgrade finally (2020, it is;))

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

The more I think about, perhaps it's for the better to receive the 1GB broadband connection at later stage in hope for more affordable prices for 1st time customers (there goes the hope, anyway:P).

I'll keep an eye on this thread and eagerly expect an email from SIRO about starting with Leitrim upgrade finally (2020, it is;))

Thanks!

Errhh ? Have you even looked at the current pricing. It beats the heck out of any other products. You get 1 Gbit/s for typically 50-55 EUR/month. There's very little broadband you get for less than that. Nevermind 1 Gbit/s.

/M

• Advertisement

Marlow wrote: »
    You get 1 Gbit/s for typically 50-55 EUR/month.

Or even as little as €45/month! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Main road with a small turn, and 2 end terrace houses one on either side.

Whatroute is the main cabling run.

e.g cable over the roof, along and round the eves?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Obelisk for SIRO been onsite in my estate twice in the last 2 weeks.

Just dying now for it to update as live.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I was told by suppliers that our estate would be live in Nov update. Still waiting..... And no reason why we are not live, been few months since all work was complete

Ah man.... Crossing fingers for both of us

• Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The waiting is a pain!
    Houses at the entrance to my estate were SIRO enabled from late last year.
    The rest of the estate is on SIRO's build plan but no actual timeline on when it will be done.
    At this stage I think it will be a race between Eirs urban fibre roll out and SIRO to get in here 1st.

Yeah I mean when guys are in the estate connecting there should be a rough timeline. They really are cloak and dagger with the whole process. I'm over a year now in my new home in a new build estate and the excitement in seeing them doing the work now has me dying to get the order in.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

For anybody contemplating connecting to vodafone on Siro check out the following two problems while within the cooling off period.

1 I have a partial call waiting which I do not want , Vodafone first tell me it is my handset !! , tried several handsets but no cure , they deny it is the router but, then say it part of the system and,cannot be disconnected.

2 Another poster on boards cannot get caller ID (which I have).
    He got the exact same response as me . He was actually told to buy a new handset and bill them . This he did but, of course it did not work. He was then also told, it was not the router and, the service was not available.

So anybody signing up to vodafone needs caller ID or does not want partial call waiting --Check within your cooling off period.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Hi All
    Troubleshooting question here. Have a flashing red LOS light on my ONT (Vodafone Siro) - just off a call with support who tried to reset the line to see if that would fix it but unfortunately did not work.
    It's going over to SIRO now to see if they can remotely fix it or decide if an engineer site visit is required.
    My question is what would normally cause this problem to occur and any idea of timeline to get a fix?
    Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Mr. TTime wrote: »
    Hi All
    Troubleshooting question here. Have a flashing red LOS light on my ONT (Vodafone Siro) - just off a call with support who tried to reset the line to see if that would fix it but unfortunately did not work.
    It's going over to SIRO now to see if they can remotely fix it or decide if an engineer site visit is required.
    My question is what would normally cause this problem to occur and any idea of timeline to get a fix?
    Thanks in advance

Flashing LOS with PON light off means the received optical power is too low so likely a bad connection or break in the cable. Probably needs a technician visit.

Flashing LOS with PON light also flashing means the ONT is considered rogue by the OLT. This would need to be sorted out between your ISP and Siro.

Timelines I'm not sure about.

Advertisement