Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO - ESB/Vodafone Fibre To The Home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭banie01

TheDriver wrote: »
    Its 65 a month after 12 months, 24month contract. Sneaky. Don't forget 100 quid setup.

I don't know if it's just me.
    But I hate the data harvesting aspect of that particular page and most of the Digiweb sales pages.

Their availability enquiry system is actually more a sales lead generation tool that is designed to be closed out with a call back to the customer.

I don't want a call, I know the pricing, all I want to do is check availability.
    An eircode is all that's needed for that, but Digiweb want more info than is needed for any simple query.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

banie01 wrote: »

I don't want a call, I know the pricing, all I want to do is check availability.
    An eircode is all that's needed for that, but Digiweb want more info than is needed for any simple query.

At least SIRO allow you that. Providers are for obvious reasons interested in sales. Very few will allow you to check for availability without leaving some contact info.

Actually only one or two, I know of.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭9726_9726

cunnijo wrote: »
    Folks

In case this was not mentioned in an earlier post Digiweb in conjunction with SIRO are offering their "Electric Broadband 1000" service for €35.00pm for 24 months. Phone service add-on however may be an extra €10.00pm.

https://digiweb.ie/siro-powered-broadband/siro-exclusive-offer/?utm_source=SIRO Searches&utm_medium=Web&utm_campaign=Address look-ups&utm_term=NAAS&eircode=-snip-

To avail of this you must go through the SIRO website and confirm service availability at your address/eircode.

Absolutely disgusting advertising. Click on the terms link and you will see that the price is €65 after 12 months. Digiweb have a good reputation and shouldn't be engaging in shadiness like this.

New Digiweb customers only. Once off set up fee of €99.95 applies. Price after 12 months €64.95. 24 month contract & further terms apply. Offer ends 30th June 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

which router sky use for siro ? is it sky q hub? also ,anyone know if can use other router instead and just have sky act as bridge? Thank s ,cannot find answer in sly forum !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

NikoTopps wrote: »
    which router sky use for siro ? is it sky q hub? also ,anyone know if can use other router instead and just have sky act as bridge? Thank s ,cannot find answer in sly forum !

You can use another router if is supports vlan tagging on the wan port. vlan 10 is used for Siro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

So was meant to move from Digiweb to Vodafone today.

Ordered a month ago, contacted them multiple times as I had heard nothing and my Digiweb was due to cancel today. Appointment made on Friday for today and no sign or word from them.
    Online chat couldnt help and said 24 hours for a call back. An hour wait on the phone didn't get though, scheduled a call back through the phone system, get the call back and confirmed my appointment for today didnt go through, Cant do anything will be tomoorow before they can even try get a new one so i cancelled.

Called Digiweb, 5 minuets on the phone re-singed up and BB should be back on this evening 24 hours at most.

Moral is dont try a switch to vodafone if using siro already they dont know how to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

So was meant to move from Digiweb to Vodafone today.

Ordered a month ago, contacted them multiple times as I had heard nothing and my Digiweb was due to cancel today. Appointment made on Friday for today and no sign or word from them.
    Online chat couldnt help and said 24 hours for a call back. An hour wait on the phone didn't get though, scheduled a call back through the phone system, get the call back and confirmed my appointment for today didnt go through, Cant do anything will be tomoorow before they can even try get a new one so i cancelled.

Called Digiweb, 5 minuets on the phone re-singed up and BB should be back on this evening 24 hours at most.

Moral is dont try a switch to vodafone if using siro already they dont know how to do it

You did it wrong in the first place, sign up to the new provider and let them handle the transition, never cancel anything, you'll get a final bill from your outgoing provider when the changeover is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

CoBo55 wrote: »
    You did it wrong in the first place, sign up to the new provider and let them handle the transition, never cancel anything, you'll get a final bill from your outgoing provider when the changeover is complete.

Oh i would have loved to do that but Vodafone told me on the original order they cant guarantee that will work with Siro and I cant afford two Broadband bills in one month, I contacted them 6 times in the month to verify the order and they still messed it up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Oh i would have loved to do that but Vodafone told me on the original order they cant guarantee that will work with Siro and I cant afford two Broadband bills in one month, I contacted them 6 times in the month to verify the order and they still messed it up

Nothing says you won't get billed by vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Nothing says you won't get billed by vodafone.

Cancel the direct debit and make a transfer when you are happy with the final bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Scienceless

You can contact us, once we have announced, that we're live for Galway. We can then see, if they have a planned date.

Any update on the rollout in Galway city east?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

NikoTopps wrote: »

switchd from vodafone siro to sky and is meant to be activated today but still has not activate yet. Anyone have do this before and what the experience was like ? it say on website can take up to 12,00am

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

Any update on the rollout in Galway city east?

Oranmore is the first area to be enabled. We will be getting the first premises from SIRO end of this month .. so in a few days. And that could very well include some of Galway City east.

Our tests with SIRO were completed last week, so everything is ready to go.

Any idea of when it will be available in Enniscorthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Siro were in my apartment block in Navan, they put in the Gigabyte connection, anyone any idea how long it takes from them coming out and doing that to it actually being available from Vodafone etc?

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Siro were in my apartment block in Navan, they put in the Gigabyte connection, anyone any idea how long it takes from them coming out and doing that to it actually being available from Vodafone etc?

If you'd like to send us a PM with your Eircode we can check

Hi All, our address checkers updated this morning following a new release of premises available to order from Siro. Now taking orders for Siro in Trim and Galway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

While visiting SIRO's address checker I notice that Pure Telecom have now joined. They seem to offer 3 speed offerings (150mb, 300mb & 1GB) with phone service for €35pm for the first 6 months and from €55pm thereafter.

https://www.puretelecom.ie/fibre-broadband

This is good to see. More competition thankfully. It is a shame however that more ISP's cannot serve more towns to increase it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Scienceless

Digiweb wrote: »
    Hi All, our address checkers updated this morning following a new release of premises available to order from Siro. Now taking orders for Siro in Trim and Galway :)

Galway city?

Galway city?

Oranmore & Oranhill area's only this month but the roll out will include Galway city in coming months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

What Siro providers are there in Kilkenny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Brian017 wrote: »
    What Siro providers are there in Kilkenny?

Digiweb, Pure, Sky, Vodafone according to

https://siro.ie/towns/kilkenny/

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Digiweb wrote: »
    Oranmore & Oranhill area's only this month but the roll out will include Galway city in coming months

Didgiweb rang me at 9.15am, to let me know it is enabled. I live on the Dunlin road, the Vodafone website is still not offering it to me.

NTC wrote: »
    Didgiweb rang me at 9.15am, to let me know it is enabled. I live on the Dunlin road, the Vodafone website is still not offering it to me.

The Vodafone website is horrifically bad for updates so I would not be relying on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Cork981

I’m getting Siro installed tomorrow any want the cable brought in down low behind a coffee cable in the living room but don’t want a cable running down the wall inside or outside the house.

I’ve brought a cable from the ESB box inside the cavity wall down to the Eir box which is down low at the height I want the cable brought through, do you think the installer will accommodate this ?

I’ve drilled all the holes in the Eir so all they need to do is run the cable.

I’ve attached a pic to better explain it.

Cork981 wrote: »
    I’m getting Siro installed tomorrow any want the cable brought in down low behind a coffee cable in the living room but don’t want a cable running down the wall inside or outside the house.

I’ve brought a cable from the ESB box inside the cavity wall down to the Eir box which is down low at the height I want the cable brought through, do you think the installer will accommodate this ?

I’ve drilled all the holes in the Eir so all they need to do is run the cable.

I’ve attached a pic to better explain it.

Do you intend him to use the cable you have installed as a drawstring to pull the fibre from the ESB to the eir box?

What kind of cable have you installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Cork981

Do you intend him to use the cable you have installed as a drawstring to pull the fibre from the ESB to the eir box?

What kind of cable have you installed?

Ya that’s just a coax cable to use as a draw string, I’m thinking of running out and replacing the cable with some duct tomorrow morning if they don’t call to early.

As far as I know the eir box is my property and can use it for what I want.

Ya that’s just a coax cable to use as a draw string, I’m thinking of running out and replacing the cable with some duct tomorrow morning if they don’t call to early.

I don't know what the installer will say but hopefully he will accommodate you. The duct solution might be better as the fibre cable is less likely to snag on something as it's being pulled. It seems to be straight down so bending should not be an issue.

Let us know if they allow it and best of luck!

Interesting to see what the installer says, as far as I know they won't use another utility providers box. A neighbor had problems with a blocked duct from his eir box into the house, he wanted them to drill into the VM box but the wouldn't do it.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Interesting to see what the installer says, as far as I know they won't use another utility providers box.

Sod that. As far as open eir are concerned the duct from the road to the house is my problem - by the same token, it's my property and I'll put whatever the hell I want in it!

Advertisement