Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO - ESB/Vodafone Fibre To The Home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Sod that. As far as open eir are concerned the duct from the road to the house is my problem - by the same token, it's my property and I'll put whatever the hell I want in it!

Cool your jets babee, I'm only relaying the experience my neighbour had...

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Cool your jets babee, I'm only relaying the experience my neighbour had...

Cool as a cucumber, honey. I'm only pointing out that there's a difference between VM's and open eir's attitudes to their respective ingress routes.

Cool as a cucumber, honey. I'm only pointing out that there's a difference between VM's and open eir's attitudes to their respective ingress routes.

Did you read my post? It had nothing to do with VM, Eir were the ones who point blank refused to drill a hole from their box to the VM box below theirs which would have allowed them to gain access to the property.

Did you read my post? It had nothing to do with VM, Eir were the ones who point blank refused to drill a hole from their box to the VM box below theirs which would have allowed them to gain access to the property.

You're on the SIRO thread.

You're on the SIRO thread.

I know what thread I'm on, my answer was to the poster who was wondering would the siro installer pull the fibre through the existing eir box on his house. All was fine until your foot stamping, my house my rules post.

• Advertisement

...my answer was to the poster who was wondering would the siro installer pull the fibre through the existing eir box on his house.

...to which you replied with a story about how an open eir installer wouldn't drill into a Virgin Media box, which isn't the same thing at all, which was my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Cork981

Cork981 wrote: »
    I’m getting Siro installed tomorrow any want the cable brought in down low behind a coffee cable in the living room but don’t want a cable running down the wall inside or outside the house.

I’ve brought a cable from the ESB box inside the cavity wall down to the Eir box which is down low at the height I want the cable brought through, do you think the installer will accommodate this ?

I’ve drilled all the holes in the Eir so all they need to do is run the cable.

I’ve attached a pic to better explain it.

Just an update on this.

The installer never arrived after waiting around all day, rang Vodafone and they rescheduled for next Wednesday.

I understand an installer getting over booked but at least cancel the appointment and let me know they won’t be calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I see Digiweb have rolled a fibre alert service to let you know when any new fibre service passes your address.

Will alert you to both SIRO and OpenEIR builds, save a lot of traffic on Airwire's checker ;)

Here's hoping one of the builds hits my way soon our it'll be a move back to VM for me in December.

Just an update on this.

The installer never arrived after waiting around all day, rang Vodafone and they rescheduled for next Wednesday.

I understand an installer getting over booked but at least cancel the appointment and let me know they won’t be calling.

That's very annoying, they could have rang you as a common courtesy. Wouldn't be having that messing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,918 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

available in Greystones now (not at my address though).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

Just an update on this.

That is the wonderful Vodafone customer service, it gets even worse if you have a issue with your installed broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Anybody else find they have to reboot their router every day? It craps out fairly frequently. I wouldn't mind that much but it always happens when I'm in the middle of an RTS multiplayer match and I end up losing 40 minutes of gameplay. I'm really hoping bridging the router and getting my own one isn't the only workaround.

Anybody else find they have to reboot their router every day? It craps out fairly frequently. I wouldn't mind that much but it always happens when I'm in the middle of an RTS multiplayer match and I end up losing 40 minutes of gameplay. I'm really hoping bridging the router and getting my own one isn't the only workaround.

It might help to specify which ISP you're using.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

It might help to specify which ISP you're using.

Sorry I assumed all Siro was the same. I've the Vodafone router.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Cork981

I’m getting Siro installed tomorrow any want the cable brought in down low behind a coffee cable in the living room but don’t want a cable running down the wall inside or outside the house.

I’ve brought a cable from the ESB box inside the cavity wall down to the Eir box which is down low at the height I want the cable brought through, do you think the installer will accommodate this ?

I’ve drilled all the holes in the Eir so all they need to do is run the cable.

I’ve attached a pic to better explain it.

Got installed yesterday, they wouldn’t go near the Eir box unfortunately.

They still done a neat job, brought the cable straight down the wall and and put the splice box under the Eir box. Install took less than 30 mins.

Very happy with the speed getting 930mb/193mb ish on the Vodafone GigaBox.

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

We have updated the database on our availability checker today. The data is, what SIRO have completed up until 26.06. We expect an updated file with data for Galway soon.

On SIRO, we currently cover Athlone, Clarecastle, Ennis, Galway, Limerick, Oranmore, Portlaoise, Shannon, Sixmilebridge, Sligo and South Dublin.

The availability checker can be found here: https://www.airwire.ie/avail

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Sorry I assumed all Siro was the same. I've the Vodafone router.

No. There are 8 SIRO partners. And they are all different. SIRO is only the last mile.

/M

We have updated the database on our availability checker today.

Nearly 1400 premises in Galway and Oranmore have now been enabled and they are now included in our database.

On SIRO, we currently cover Athlone, Clarecastle, Ennis, Galway, Limerick, Oranmore, Portlaoise, Shannon, Sixmilebridge, Sligo and South Dublin.

The availability checker can be found here: https://www.airwire.ie/avail

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Scienceless

xckjoo wrote: »
        Looks like they're doing ESB work in my area in Galway and I'm hoping it's for SIRO. Is there anything I could look out for that would indicate that's what they're working on?

Had a guy knock on my door this week, wondering if I would be ok with a line being brought under my driveway and up side of the house. I’m in Renmore area and some areas here already live.
        Not being smart but they were working on Renmore road at night a couple of months ago and the SIRO van kind of gave it away...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Had a guy knock on my door this week, wondering if I would be ok with a line being brought under my driveway and up side of the house. I’m in Renmore area and some areas here already live.
        Not being smart but they were working on Renmore road at night a couple of months ago and the SIRO van kind of gave it away...

Not in Renmore buddy. Far side of the city. Near an ESB and Eir substation so vans are constantly in the area anyway.

Mystery solved though. Wife got chatting to them and they said it's for SIRO alright. Happy days

• Advertisement

xckjoo wrote: »
        Not in Renmore buddy. Far side of the city. Near an ESB and Eir substation so vans are constantly in the area anyway.

Mystery solved though. Wife got chatting to them and they said it's for SIRO alright. Happy days

Ya it’s good news, guy told me I’d have the line in inside 2 weeks and could have the service up and running inside 2 months. Looking forward to dropping virgin media..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

They have done most of Oranmore and working on Renmore right now.

30k+ premises in Galway being SIRO enabled at the moment. Airwire being on of the first providers live on that chunk of the network.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
        They have done most of Oranmore and working on Renmore right now.

30k+ premises in Galway being SIRO enabled at the moment. Airwire being on of the first providers live on that chunk of the network.

/M

Is this what Airwire will be offering?

http://www.airwire.ie/index.php/products/siro

Is this what Airwire will be offering?

http://www.airwire.ie/index.php/products/siro

Yes,

those are the products we offer on SIRO. We have already installed the first customers in Oranmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Martin could you clarify this bit please?
        (*) - available until 31.03.2019, free router, free install, standard pricing applies after 18 months.

Is the free router and free install offer expired?

ElNino wrote: »
        Martin could you clarify this bit please?

Is the free router and free install offer expired?

No,
        the promotion is currently still available. We're in the process of updating that today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭banie01

No,
        the promotion is currently still available. We're in the process of updating that today or tomorrow.

Hey Martin, is there inkling at all ;) as to the SIRO buildout on the North Side of Limerick City being resumed?

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Hi,

See quite a few queries on Galway build out, don't have much of a long term view however majority of new premises added at end of this month will be in the Roscam area, we are now accepting pre-orders for these

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭MickH503

Digiweb wrote: »
        Hi,

See quite a few queries on Galway build out, don't have much of a long term view however majority of new premises added at end of this month will be in the Roscam area, we are now accepting pre-orders for these

Hi Martin, The Airwire website says "Soon going live: Carrick-On-Shannon, Castleconnell, Celbridge, Kilcock, Leixlip, Longford, Maynooth and Roscommon."

Do you have any rough time-frame for Maynooth going live? I asked SIRO but am still waiting for an answer almost a month later. Thanks.

• Advertisement

MickH503 wrote: »
        Hi Martin, The Airwire website says "Soon going live: Carrick-On-Shannon, Castleconnell, Celbridge, Kilcock, Leixlip, Longford, Maynooth and Roscommon."

Do you have any rough time-frame for Maynooth going live? I asked SIRO but am still waiting for an answer almost a month later. Thanks.

There is no date for Maynooth yet. It is part of the Dublin West build and they will probably build Leixlip and Celbridge first.

Advertisement