Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO - ESB/Vodafone Fibre To The Home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Try changing the default wifi channel the router is using.
    There might be some local interference on the channel in use presently.

What is the make/model of the router?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Siro through Vodafone down for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

gar wrote: »

Mine is working fine this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hazbot

What area, roughly?

Friend of mine is getting Siro installed this morning and the installers had to give up. Fibre link is good but no connectivity. Cork area.

This is Naas.
    Bit of noise on twitter about it but getting through to them is cat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

This is Naas.
    Bit of noise on twitter about it but getting through to them is cat.

Mind me asking. Which part of Naas is/was affected?

cunnijo wrote: »
    Mind me asking. Which part of Naas is/was affected?

Monread, issue resolved but don't know how or why. Vodafone said there was no issue and plugged their router back in. It worked. Plugged my own back in and worked. Strange, rebooted several times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

They were doing the work on our street there last week. I'm assuming I'll have a few months' wait before it's actually available?

Can I ask those of you already on FTTH, and on a 1TB FUP, how do you find that limit? I'm guessing it'd be fine for most cases?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, it's been down at work all day. No amount of rebooting was fixing it.

Ringing them was pretty fruitless too. Rang up, was told I'd be waiting 48minutes, but my call was kicked after ~26 minutes.

Ended up tweeting them to which I was told they were aware of some problems and were working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Hopefully will get the address updated from siro today, it's pre-ordered just waiting on the database update ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Hi all, we've updated our product checkers with new Siro premises passed nationwide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wideboyy

Anyone know if there is a good solution to the issue of external insulation?

Siro engineering told me that they cannot install on a property with external insulation because they are not insured against the cost of any damage caused to the fragile top surface. They need to tack the cable and the external box onto the wall, and do not have the correct fasteners etc to work on external insulation material.

Anyone been able to workaround this? Any work that can be done to allow them to do install?

wideboyy wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is a good solution to the issue of external insulation?

Siro engineering told me that they cannot install on a property with external insulation because they are not insured against the cost of any damage caused to the fragile top surface. They need to tack the cable and the external box onto the wall, and do not have the correct fasteners etc to work on external insulation material.

Anyone been able to workaround this? Any work that can be done to allow them to do install?

We've successfully installed quite a few customers with external insulation on their properties. The issue with insurances etc is correct however normally once the customer agrees to drill any entry point holes themselves and fix the external box then install can proceed.

Happy to take a look at your specific address via PM if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wideboyy

Digiweb wrote: »
    We've successfully installed quite a few customers with external insulation on their properties. The issue with insurances etc is correct however normally once the customer agrees to drill any entry point holes themselves and fix the external box then install can proceed.

Happy to take a look at your specific address via PM if you like

I've already got the cable entry point, have small comms box (similar to ESB meter box) with pull-through there. Issue previously was with running cable from eaves down and also installing the siro box. Engineer said they would not use my comms box at all.

I'll PM details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

byte wrote: »
    Yeah, it's been down at work all day. No amount of rebooting was fixing it.

Ringing them was pretty fruitless too. Rang up, was told I'd be waiting 48minutes, but my call was kicked after ~26 minutes.

Ended up tweeting them to which I was told they were aware of some problems and were working on it.

Siro ( VF) had been up n down since Xmas in Cork,speeds in excess of 500mb to as low as 1.78mb,no consistency- had 2 engineers out- changed 5 modems(2 Gigabit ones)
    From Siro VF network problems in Cork ,they initially denied it but after Siro contacted me and I furnished then with the screenshot of same they admitted it
    Back to ****e again,on the plus side I've not been charged since Xmas as I told them on no account was I paying for a service that is well below par

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

Looking at the siro ireland twitter/Fb it looks like they have recently finished installing in Midelton in Cork
    Is there a way to see what town in cork they will move to next Carrigtwohill/Blarney/Charleville

• Registered Users Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

The Cush wrote: »
    My take on it is that eir have basically ignored the stipulations of D10/18 whereby they were meant to publish various details of upcoming NGA builds on publicly available websites (fibrerollout or openeir). SIRO are obviously now seeking these details as eir are beginning to build in similar areas. What the conditions, if any, eir may require SIRO to comply with I am unsure of. Perhaps NDAs will need to be signed or maybe eir would seek reciprocal access to SIRO's plans.

Comreg has made a draft determination on this, coming down in favour of eircom, SIRO can only have access to eircom's NGA rollout plans under certain conditions including NDA and signed access agreement
    (a) Eircom may apply reasonable conditions in respect of access to information regarding Eircom’s NGA rollout plans in order to ensure that access is limited to Undertakings purchasing access to relevant access products.

(b) A condition whereby Eircom limits access to information regarding its NGA rollout plans only to those Undertakings that have entered into an access agreement with Eircom in respect of VUA, having executed the particular schedules of the ARO concerning VUA and the associated non-disclosure agreement is reasonable.

(c) Eircom is not required to provide Siro with access to information regarding its NGA rollout plans until such time that Siro has met the requirements contained in paragraph (b) above or any other reasonably imposed conditions for the purpose of (a) above that are also consistent with ComReg Decision D10/18.

https://www.comreg.ie/publication/draft-determination-of-a-dispute-between-siro-and-eircom-non-confidential

byte

Is it OK to update my (Digiweb) Fritz!box 7530 without it losing any of the connection/wifi settings? It's currently on Fritz!OS 07.03 but is suggesting I update to 07.13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Is it OK to update my (Digiweb) Fritz!box 7530 without it losing any of the connection/wifi settings? It's currently on Fritz!OS 07.03 but is suggesting I update to 07.13

It's ok to update the firmware
    A firmware update does not change your wifi settings you setup previously

Its recommended you update your router firmware when it lists a new update

Fritzbox has had lot more firmware updates since 07.03 have you not checked for updates since you got your fritzbox

• Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

paulboland wrote: »

Fritzbox has had lot more firmware updates since 07.03 have you not checked for updates since you got your fritzbox

I'm going to digiweb in a few months, does the fritzbox have usb ports for a flash drive and a printer? I use the flash drive for sharing media between devices.

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I'm going to digiweb in a few months, does the fritzbox have usb ports for a flash drive and a printer? I use the flash drive for sharing media between devices.

The FritzBox that Digiweb uses has 1 USB port. The model is the 7530 and the specs are attached.

https://en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-7530/technical-data/

Also if you know someone who is a customer with Digiweb get them to refer you. By doing this you get €30 off your second bill.

https://digiweb.ie/referafriend/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

The Friz!Box 7590 has built in management for the devices attached to USB ...... shared drives, scanners and printers etc..

The Friz!Box 7590 has built in management for the devices attached to USB ...... shared drives, scanners and printers etc..

I agree. It does. However Digiweb generally do not supply that model. However you can purchase it from them or Airwire.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Does anyone know what is the story when SIRO is marked available in a town, but some areas within the town don't have it yet? Does that mean the roll out has gone as far as it will /planned to go in that town or what's the story?
    Its swords, Co Dublin.

My sister got it in about 12 months ago and she's about 1km down the road from me but still not available in my estate

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

Uriel. wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is the story when SIRO is marked available in a town, but some areas within the town don't have it yet? Does that mean the roll out has gone as far as it will /planned to go in that town or what's the story?
    Its swords, Co Dublin.

My sister got it in about 12 months ago and she's about 1km down the road from me but still not available in my estate
    I honestly don’t know but in the estate where I live there are 41 houses — however only about 20 houses have SIRO because one house owner wouldn’t let them cross their house with the cable!

The cable installers have left the area now so while I have gigabit internet my neighbours across the road only have 100Mb internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Does Digiweb allow you to use your own router?

Does Digiweb allow you to use your own router?

Yes no issues using your own router we just can't stand over performance etc. but quite a few customers have opted to use their own with no issues.

byte

paulboland wrote: »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have checked it a few times, just hesitant in case it updated and voila, wiped digiweb parameters and no broadband!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have checked it a few times, just hesitant in case it updated and voila, wiped digiweb parameters and no broadband!

Digiweb emailed me the log on username/ password.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SierraTango

Just heard from SIRO that one side of the road in the new part of our estate won't be getting connected as there's an issue with the ducting and no fix in the foreseeable future. Any one have any experience with this issue? Can I contact the ESB?

Stuck with 10mb connection and was looking forward to an upgrade!

Advertisement