Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO - ESB/Vodafone Fibre To The Home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

If the property is connected but not appearing as enabled on their website, you need to get a hold of the property id (think that was the term). Give that to Sky or whoever and they can progress the connection.
    im with vodafone, moving into new build in a months time, if i check siro it shows as not there, theres few ftth boxes for eir live etc in the area and if i check addy for vodafone it gives me speeds of 85mbps so no clue if its still considered fiber etc just 100mb one or would be a phone line more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

scamalert wrote: »
    im with vodafone, moving into new build if a months time, if i check siro it shows as not there, theres few ftth boxes for eir live etc in the area and if i check addy for vodafone it gives me speeds of 85mbps so just no clue if its still considered fiber etc just 100mb one or would be a phone line more likely.

Guessing here somewhat but it feels likes the VF website is giving you a view on what is available from Eir or elsewhere.

Try to get a hold of the Property ID and give Vodafone a call. I had to do it with Sky - property eventually appeared as passed on the Siro website a month later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

Success! had Actavo move my siro modem no hassle at all excellent job now have my whole network in my attic 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

ipodrocker wrote: »
    Success! had Actavo move my siro modem no hassle at all excellent job now have my whole network in my attic ��
    Thats great,
    After processing my order today, no Siro install in the new house previously so hopefully can do same as yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

Thats great,
    After processing my order today, no Siro install in the new house previously so hopefully can do same as yourself :)

Once you have a safe easy route won't be an issue, I got my attic floor and prepared with cabling so was ease for them, but generally they install where u want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

I think this advert from a broadband provider is a small bit misleading.

No faster broadband in Ireland

With speeds of up 1,000 megabits per second, you will never need to worry about slow internet again. Gigabit broadband is the ultimate online experience.

A new kind of internet

Fibre optic cable straight into your home - no sharing - so whether you're working, gaming or streaming you won't lose connection.

Never miss a moment

With your own personal fibre link, your family can connect worry-free across all their devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

What's the difference between 150mb and 500mbps?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

350Mb/s?

Seriously: not a lot in terms of day-to-day experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭EarWig

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    What's the difference between 150mb and 500mbps?
    A bit, but if upload speeds are in proportion, a lot.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

EarWig wrote: »
    A bit, but if upload speeds are in proportion, a lot.

150/30 vs 500/50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Got word from Siro that the Harbour in Greystones should be connected in the next 2 weeks, and available to order in June.

Happy with that, although expecting a couple of months lead time after order to actually get the installation done going by this thread and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭stimpson

Virgin have bumped my bill by €4 and allowed me to cancel without penalty. I’m looking at digiweb gigabit up/down and noticed they have upped their cap to 3TB. Does anyone know how strict they are? And if they throttle torrents? I have a large and growing collection of Linux ISO’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭feargantae

How are people's experiences with Pure Telecom on the SIRO network? I'm weary to switch to them as I've never heard of them but Vodafone are after bumping my price from €45 to €60 for 1Gb

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Cant say what they are like on SIRO but have been pretty good on the eir network

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

feargantae wrote: »
    How are people's experiences with Pure Telecom on the SIRO network? I'm weary to switch to them as I've never heard of them but Vodafone are after bumping my price from €45 to €60 for 1Gb

I failed to find a page on their site giving costs for 1Gb/s broadband ...... only found "up to 500Mb/s" :(

I failed to find a page on their site giving costs for 1Gb/s broadband ...... only found "up to 500Mb/s" :(

That must be a mistake because we're on the 1gb package for 40 euro a month

Mc Love wrote: »
    That must be a mistake because we're on the 1gb package for 40 euro a month

Both Openeir and Siro listed up to 500

https://www.puretelecom.ie/fibre-broadband

Both Openeir and Siro listed up to 500

https://www.puretelecom.ie/fibre-broadband

500Mb is €35 and 1Gb is €40. There's a mistake on their site, it says 500Mb twice.

Edit: This was from their customer service.

500Mb is €35 and 1Gb is €40. There's a mistake on their site, it says 500Mb twice.

Edit: This was from their customer service.

The page I linked has one Siro and the other I guess is Openeir.

No 1Gb/s listed on any page I can find.

The page I linked has one Siro and the other I guess is Openeir.

No 1Gb/s listed on any page I can find.

This is from Bonkers.ie but they definitely do offer 1Gb.

https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-tv-broadband-phone/pure-telecom/

Instant Speed 1000Mb for 40€ per month

• Advertisement

This is from Bonkers.ie but they definitely do offer 1Gb.

https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-tv-broadband-phone/pure-telecom/

Instant Speed 1000Mb for 40€ per month

Yes I had already found the Bonkers page.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Does anyone know what the Pure router is like? I'm not familiar with Technicolor as a brand.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the Pure router is like? I'm not familiar with Technicolor as a brand.

They sent me out the Fritz 7530

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Mc Love wrote: »
    They sent me out the Fritz 7530

Ah, okay. They're pretty good I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭RonnieL

I'm with pure and I couldn't fault them really. Fritzbox is grand, and the broadband has been pretty excellent so I've had very little to do with pure themselves. If they're offering you the best price, then I'd say go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭baldshin

Hey folks, looking for a bit of help troubleshooting. Had to unplug my siro box and modem to put in a new hallway cabinet. Plugged everything back in and am now getting no internet. Siro box is showing power and pon lights lit up, but nothing for lan. Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭mitsuko045

Hey dudes,

Sorry if these questions have been answered before but seeing as I can't search a thread I'm not inclined to wade through all 250 pages of this thread.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with getting SIRO to an apartment? I'm in a pretty large apartment complex with 10+ buildings. How does it work when it comes to apartments?

Also have people noticed much improvement to their service since getting it? Right now I'm on the basic 100MB fibre to the cabinet package and I am legit getting extremely close to the advertised speeds (the cabinet is like 10metres from my patio doors). So far I've had zero problems with the service I'm getting or the speeds.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭Nollog

They attach a box outside (for you and other neighbours connections) and run you a cable from that to another box inside your apartment, drilling a single hole through the outside wall.

You'll probably notice the difference, even the 150mbit should be a bit better just because of the upload speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Apologies if this has already been asked, I wasn't able to find anything using search.

We had SIRO engineers survey the estate last week, does anyone have an idea of when we could expect to have a connection? We are not in a town mentioned on the website for future network build.

I appreciate this is a "how long is a piece of string" type question, just looking for a ballpark timeframe

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭EarWig

From survey, not sure. Ballpark 1 year from when you see them digging up pavements.

Advertisement