Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricing Levels

Options
  • 23-01-2014 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

Why is it that people 2 kilometres up the road, who are getting 70Mb speed are paying the same as what I would be charged for a max of 8Mb?

Why can Eircom not have a pricing structure that fllexes with the level of service that they can provide?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

Fibre is cheaper. There is your answer. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Why is it that people 2 kilometres up the road, who are getting 70Mb speed are paying the same as what I would be charged for a max of 8Mb?

Why can Eircom not have a pricing structure that fllexes with the level of service that they can provide?

I'm assuming your area isn't fibre enabled yet ? It's a free upgrade "up to 50/70 MB " when it is . And I stress "up to" there ! All depends on what your line can handle .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

thret wrote: »
    Not to lay it out.
    Fibre is not active but even when it was "up to" 24Mbs I could only avail of 8Mbs. So prices go up and my potential speed stays the same.
    If I had an option of paying for my capacity, then I would be all over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi norrie rugger

The message you are conveying really does make a lot of sense however there is little I can do about this other then provide feedback to operations (which I will indeed do).

I have previously come across queries like this in the past and I'm afraid the best I can contribute to this is that we are unable explain the reasons behind eircoms pricing decisions and structures.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

thret wrote: »
    Not to lay it out.
    Fibre is not active but even when it was "up to" 24Mbs I could only avail of 8Mbs. So prices go up and my potential speed stays the same.
    If I had an option of paying for my capacity, then I would be all over it

ESB have finally entered the broadband market and according to RTE the ESB will be targeting rural areas. This is bad news for Eircom. It will be who deploys Fibre first who'll have the customers, at the end of the day.

I admit its early days and we don't know what areas ESB is looking at to bring fibre to. But the fact remains nobody in a rural area will stick with ASDL1 if the ESB can provide fibre to you instead!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0122/499525-esb-broadband/

• Advertisement
Advertisement