Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus: The Strange and Wonderful

Options
  • 23-01-2014 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Ever see something strange or indeed wonderful on Dublin Bus? Sure who hasn't! Post up your Dublin Bus stories, everything from the people that make your heart melt to the things that make you wanna downright kill people!

To get the ball rolling...

Getting on the 13 recently, heading to work (well to my next bus stop!), just after Christmas busses were running on Saturday times, which I had been aware of, though an ol' one didn't seem to know, spent five minutes (with irritated passengers behind her) giving out to the driver and then proceeded to shout at the top of her lungs when anyone else got on 'Did you know the busses are runnin' on Saturday times - disgraceful so it is'

At half seven in the morning I was fit to kill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Have seen nothing other than the usual valley of gimps playing loud crappy music through crappy phones. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Smoking, injecting, burning seats, graffiti etchers, people pissing into bottles or on the floor or seats, getting sick, smashing windows, threats against drivers or other passengers, the drunk or drug addict fighting against each other or starting on others including driver, hit and runs where car hits bus and just drives off, people singing, dancing, as said above crap music on phones, guitars playing, mouth organ played.

I have plenty more but need more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

A middle aged gent knocking one out. He was sitting on one of the raised seats downstairs before the back section, which meant that people outside could get an eyeful too. Driver defused the situation very well. I was going to say he handled it well, but....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Trebor176

- A drunk, harmonica playing "Santa Claus" on the 11 some years ago.

- I have to say about the horrible excuse for music that teens blare out from their phones or whatever. Not pleasant for other passengers.

- Bus driver one time was dancing in his seat to music as he drove along.

- An ignorant woman arguing with the African driver because he didn't stop at her stop. Silly bint didn't press the bell, so proceeded to give out to the driver, continuously telling him to shut up as he tried explaining things to her. She said the odd racist thing too.

- Emergency door on an AX opened by itself as we headed through Inchicore. After a very quick stop, and the door closed, we were on our way again.

- Junkie chased after a 78A as it was pulling away from the stop on the quays. He managed to get the doors open, but the driver quickly closed them.

- Two junkie women scrapping in front of a bus on the quays, meaning that the bus couldn't actually move until they cleared off.

I can't think of any more, but I will post if more come to mind ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Good one today, saw taxi driver pulled in blocking good chunk of a bus stop today.
    rather than beeping him out of the way, the drivers of the two buse as if able to read each other's minds pull in and block him in literally seconds before he's ready to pull out. Also saw a 3rd bus on the way, so didnt hang around but he had to wait for at least 3 buses to empty and take on new passengers before he could get out.
    Justice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭rx8

Many moons ago, there was an overtime car that picked up the girls school in Walkinstown, and brought them home to Tallaght. There was also one that collected the boys in limekiln. Well this particular evening, they had no-one to pick up the boys, so I got the call to pick them up after I'd got the girls.

The boys decided that they wanted to take over the rear of the top deck, but they didn't realise that the girls had home economics that day, and their bags were full of the un-used ingredients. The state of the lads coming down the stairs covered in flour, eggs,and tomatoes was a site to behold.
    Don't think they messed with the girls from St.Pauls again.The bus looked like it had an on-board bakery, and was covered in flour. Would have loved to have had a camera that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭clumsyklutz

lemansky wrote: »
    A middle aged gent knocking one out. He was sitting on one of the raised seats downstairs before the back section, which meant that people outside could get an eyeful too. Driver defused the situation very well. I was going to say he handled it well, but....

Oh God :( why?

Though in saying that was on a 33B years ago with my mates, and as it's not a popular route, the top deck was pretty much empty except for us (kids!) and a guy getting his girlfriend to drop the hand on him...

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭clumsyklutz

rx8 wrote: »
    Many moons ago, there was an overtime car that picked up the girls school in Walkinstown, and brought them home to Tallaght. There was also one that collected the boys in limekiln. Well this particular evening, they had no-one to pick up the boys, so I got the call to pick them up after I'd got the girls.

The boys decided that they wanted to take over the rear of the top deck, but they didn't realise that the girls had home economics that day, and their bags were full of the un-used ingredients. The state of the lads coming down the stairs covered in flour, eggs,and tomatoes was a site to behold.
    Don't think they messed with the girls from St.Pauls again.The bus looked like it had an on-board bakery, and was covered in flour. Would have loved to have had a camera that day.

Fair play to them! I would've loved to see that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

There's a girl gets the 38A every morning...she's on it before me, so must be in Mulhuddart, always sits right hand side. It was nine years since I started work in the job I take the bus to (yesterday) and I swear she has been reading 'The Da Vinci Code' for 9 years. She is still only 1/2 through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 usiaczek283

on 38/38a route to town many times there is someone smoking at the back of the upper deck. No one seems to care to say anything to those smokers just everybody opens the windows :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Good one today, saw taxi driver pulled in blocking good chunk of a bus stop today.
    rather than beeping him out of the way, the drivers of the two buse as if able to read each other's minds pull in and block him in literally seconds before he's ready to pull out. Also saw a 3rd bus on the way, so didnt hang around but he had to wait for at least 3 buses to empty and take on new passengers before he could get out.
    Justice!

Westmoreland Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Westmoreland Street?

Marine Road in Dun Laoghaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Very nice driver on the 69 this evening was late because in his own words ''couldn't find the bus because the last fella didn't park it in the usual spot,so I had to traipse nearly all across town to find it.This place is getting worse and worse.''

Was an original excuse at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

lemansky wrote: »

What's Neil Prenderville doing getting the bus?

Advertisement