Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoOp Grading System

Options
  • 23-01-2014 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I am a Third year student just returning from CoOp. I have heard that CoOp is graded on a pass/fail basis, but how does this impact on my QCA?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

No impact. All it gives you is credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flutee

So there will be no change in my QCA regardless of pass or fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Flutee wrote: »

Correct. Once you submit the report though you'll pass

Flutee wrote: »

While it has no effect on your QCA you still need to pass it to get the required credits to complete the course. But passing it is just submitting a report that covers what they set out in the guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Craiggers

they don't even read the reports mighty joke to be honest that it has to be done.. The whole idea of Co-op is fantastic pity that it don't count more towards your degree. Its a more valuable learning curb then learning from books and lecturers. I learned more in three weeks in my Co-op then I did in my 4 years in UL.

• Advertisement

Lecture in each department select a few reports to read. If the ones the read are to standard, a few people might be in trouble.

Advertisement