Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assistance re Overdraft facility please

Options
  • 23-01-2014 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am a British citizen whose been living in Ireland for almost 2 years now and looking for an overdraft facility with BoI. I'm studying at UCD but have a part-time job and student credit card with BoI that I pay off in full on time every month. I would consider my salary from this part time job to be pretty decent. I also have savings with both BoI and Ulster bank. The BoI savings account is a monthly regular savings account. Always been with BoI for current account, 10 months in job, and 8 months at current property. Given this background, how likely is it that BoI would accept an overdraft application?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

shaz84 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am a British citizen whose been living in Ireland for almost 2 years now and looking for an overdraft facility with BoI. I'm studying at UCD but have a part-time job and student credit card with BoI that I pay off in full on time every month. I would consider my salary from this part time job to be pretty decent. I also have savings with both BoI and Ulster bank. The BoI savings account is a monthly regular savings account. Always been with BoI for current account, 10 months in job, and 8 months at current property. Given this background, how likely is it that BoI would accept an overdraft application?

Many thanks

Plenty of students have an overdraft facility, you're probably best asking BOI directly.
    There might be t&c's on their website which could save you some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

BOI charge a fee of €30 to setup an overdraft facility and the same on the annual anniversary to 'review' the facility so make sure it's something that you really need.

Not sure if that charge applies to a student account, it's not clear from their schedule of charges so I'd ask.

Advertisement