Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subjects through the years.

Options
  • 23-01-2014 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, just looking to get an opinion from everyone as to how subjects develop through the later years. I'm studying French, history, philosophy and psychology.

I have no preference really as to what i should continue but I know psychology may not be possible. So im looking for an honest answer about how the subjects carry on. Are any of them poorly taught or becoming incredibly boring? (i once studied an Irish history module that measured sheep levels in Ireland soooo)

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I kept on none of those subjects so I'm not a major help but I did do French in first year. The only reason I didn't keep it on was due to it clashing with Geography on the 2nd year timetable.

I really enjoyed French and bear in mind that you get to spend (at least) a semester in France if you keep it on! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

I kept on none of those subjects so I'm not a major help but I did do French in first year. The only reason I didn't keep it on was due to it clashing with Geography on the 2nd year timetable.

I really enjoyed French and bear in mind that you get to spend (at least) a semester in France if you keep it on! :)

Hi, im doing French from beginners, i find it very interesting, even if the assessment is a bit on the easy side. I just hope that the French modules don't get a bit wishy washy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Im doing psychology, and while I love it, it is difficult and can be challenging. Bonuses are there tends to be less exams but more group work. It can be difficult if you don't like statistics or aren't good at IT.

Advertisement