Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs/Socializing options

Options
  • 23-01-2014 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,

I have moved back to the county recently(Ballyshannon/Donegal town area) and been a singleton in my late thirties have found that I could do with increasing my social circle and finding something to do in the evenings/weekends. Any suggestions welcome, have signed up to a few gym classes but not the best way to meet and get to know people I find.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

I would suggest Toastmasters as a great way to spend an evening, and to get to know people, while throwing in a bit of self-improvement

There's a club in Donegal Town if you're interested.

Otherwise, volunteer for something, anything at all: sports clubs, charities, special interest groups, there's loads to get involved in.

I've a nephew in Donegal Town Rowing Club, he's mad about it. Different way of getting the exercise in.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭picaso30

Thanks for your suggestions, didn't realize there was rowing club,will differently look into that, toastmasters sounds good but would be a challenge to say the least. I was out with the cycling clubs a few times,great club and very well organised but found the early Sunday morning starts abit hard especially in the bad weather. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 prettygirl9

What is toastmasters?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭picaso30

Toastmasters is meeting of people to practice their public speaking and communication skills. So it is a kind of workshop where members evaluate each other in a constructive way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement