Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards - Sponsored Posts

Options
  • 23-01-2014 1:36pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I only just spotted a boards.ie sponsored post. They've probably been about for ages but I don't think I've spotted the sponsored posts before.

290233.png

Could be a great way to reach some fairly specific demographics in Ireland. I'd be really curious to find out if it's cost effective.

Any thoughts or insider info? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

I noticed that too yesterday morning. Looks like the idea was launched in Nov last by boards 4 Ads threads so far http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1611. I must say I like it, cool idea. I think you need something topical/interesting to get people to engage, on with the thinking hat! Sadly, our packaging stuff is about a boring as it gets. Free invoicing looks like a perfect launchpad though!

Good idea but when I clicked on "start New thread" I go the go away you do not have privileges to access this function message. Poor sales technique there boards.ie, should have diverted me to a nice warm and fuzzy "how may we sell you page" !

Mods, Please kick this up the line!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Would be really nice if one of the Distilled/Boards officials were to come and tell us more about this offering, even if some specifics need to be kept private for commercial reasons.

I reported my own last post! so we might learn more in the good days that are coming ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Good idea but when I clicked on "start New thread" I go the go away you do not have privileges to access this function message. Poor sales technique there boards.ie, should have diverted me to a nice warm and fuzzy "how may we sell you page" !

Mods, Please kick this up the line!

Wow, missed opportunity there for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I reported my own last post! so we might learn more in the good days that are coming ! ;)

Either that or you'll just vanish :D

Graham wrote: »
    Either that or you'll just vanish :D

Would not be the first time ;)

I am interested in this product and have managed to conjure up a quirky idea. Emailed Ad Sales too, but no response yet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Your best bit is to contact Ad sales which you have done. If you don't hear back early next week send me a pm and ill chase it up for you.

Thanks Axwell, I am more used to clips and slaps on here! ;)
    The lovely Louise from sales has been in touch and made me an offer! In fairness to her, she is a great prompt communicator, so full points on that front.
    It ain't cheap by any means, but I am going to give it a try. Interactive online promo/advertising is certainly new to me but hey I am old and don't have time to hang around and see if it or FaceBook are still here in 20 years time!

What I will do is post the results, but not in empirical format but rather as GM generated vs Cost as a %age. I will not disclose actual cost and I respect that Boards/Distilled Media is a business in a competitive market and are entitled to have commercially sensitive pricing structures remain so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

A large amount of users use the mobile/touch version of Boards. However I don't see the Sponsored Post appearing in this version.

I know space is at a premium on mobile websites, but that is a lot of potential customers not seeing your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Just an fyi, sponsored threads are now showing on the touch site

Advertisement