Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brake Fluid and Hoses

• 23-01-2014 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭

When was the last time you changed your brake fluid and hoses? According to the Bandit Service manual the fluid should be changed every 2 years and the hoses changed every 4.

So, do you follow this timescale too?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I havent done it yet but I will look into it maybe for next year. Is it possible to pick up a reel of hose you can cut to size or do you have to order from the manufacturer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Just buy braided hoses instead of putting on new rubber ones. They're not that expensive, will sharpen up your braking and last longer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

HEL Lines for the bike are between £75 & £90, so are dear enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Getting all brake lines replaced this year, HEL lines ordered.

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

braided lines, so just checked for damage - never been replaced.
    Break fluid is easily done, but just do it when its looking bad (but probably in or around 2 years now I think)
    I havent done it yet but I will look into it maybe for next year. Is it possible to pick up a reel of hose you can cut to size or do you have to order from the manufacturer?

its the fittings that you'd have difficulty with

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

RosieJoe wrote: »

What kind of bike is it? I never priced new rubber lines, or even seen them for sale anywhere, but I'd imagine you'd be talking at least £30 for a full set? Braided lines don't degrade either as they are stainless steel encased in plastic. And they improve the feel no end. Well worth it IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Venhill BL are just as good HEL and a fraction of the price.....I change the fluids every year its dirt cheap and I am happy that everything is fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

RosieJoe wrote: »

The extra braking power with braided hoses could save you a lot more some day. The braking system and tyres are two things that should never be scrimped on.

Advertisement