Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beaufort 6 man life rafts

• 23-01-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi guys my uncle was a fisherman before he passed a couple of years ago and iv recently been helping my aunt out with a bit of a clear out and came across two Beaufort inflatable 6 man life rafts which are sealed in white capsules,just wondering if theirs anywhere in Dublin that buys them in or even a potential value for them as shes no use for them anymore.

Cheers joe............

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Have a talk with the lads in Solas Marine http://www.solasmarine.net/ they'd be able to tell you the best thing to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭joe199

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Have a talk with the lads in Solas Marine http://www.solasmarine.net/ they'd be able to tell you the best thing to do with them.

Thanks mate il look into them, do you no if they've a branch on the north side as it be handier for me to get them to ;-)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Most rafts will have an expiration date including the flares,food and co2 cylinder and to get them serviced and brought up to date it could end up costing the price of a new one :eek: If it's over 10 years old they may not even service it.
    Give the guy's that Tabnabs posted a call first before you hall them over they should be able to tell you when it was made and if they are worth servicing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

joe199 wrote: »
    Thanks mate il look into them, do you no if they've a branch on the north side as it be handier for me to get them to ;-)

No, they're based in Dun Laoghaire. There may be another outfit on the north side that works with the Howth fishing fleet though. But it will cost nothing to ring and speak with them. See if you can find a sticker on the container which gives a last or next service date. That will give an idea of how old it is.

Advertisement