Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Just some nondescript easy running to finish out the week last week

Friday 5M 8.13 pace
    An easy run to shake out the session from the previous night, feeling a bit jelly legged but no shock there. Ecoli then gave my legs the once over afterwards and eased out a few tight spots that I didn't even know were there.

Saturday 7.1M 7.38 pace 8 strides
    The legs felt tip top on this one on a beautiful sunny morning in the phoenix park. I threw in strides in the middle portion of the run to keep me ticking over, I kept them a bit shorter than normal, probably only 10 seconds but I wasnt really paying too much attention.

Sunday 13.3M 7.53 pace
    The last "long run" of this block and it was the most enjoyable one yet, I was back home in Drogheda and I did this all on trails and fire roads through Townley Hall, Oldbridge House and the Old Boyne Towpath. The garmin had a brain fart over the first mile so average pace was probably a bit north of 8 min miles.

44 miles for the week and I feel like the taper has gone well, I haven't relaxed and kept some sharpness in my training which is all I can ask.

Race week :eek:. I cant believe its here and this week in work will be a long one, no doubt about that. I'm not getting any taper madness apart from the odd "arghhh, you have no training done" thought but that's not one I'm not gonna let fester as I know its not true. It will just be a ticking off easy runs exercise this week with probably 2 sets of strides and getting paranoid about any sniffle or niggle. The usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

The very best of luck at the weekend OP. You deserve a good race after that training effort. Hope everything falls into place on the day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Best of luck OP, hope it goes well on the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Best of luck to you. Run well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Good luck Sunday OP, hope all goes well for you.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the good wishes guys, it's much appreciated!

Im just marking time now until Sunday

Monday Rest

Tuesday 7.3M 8.10 pace
    I hit the trails in the park for an easy 60 minutes on Tuesday, a lovely evening and I'm looking forward to more of these runs after London, its makes the slog through the winter months worthwhile.

Wednesday 7.1M 7.31 pace
    The last run of any substance before Sunday, I did 3 miles easy up to the acres lap in the park and threw in 2 miles @MP (6.42, 6.39). They were just a shade fast but felt grand which at this stage they probably should!

I'm down for a 5 miler tonight but I think ill take rest, a 4 miler on Friday with some strides will be it for me before Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

When are you flying over OP and are you staying in the Strand Palace?

menoscemo wrote: »
    When are you flying over OP and are you staying in the Strand Palace?

Flying on Saturday morning into City of London, staying in apartments over near Tower bridge. Ill be in the coal hole afterwards all gong well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Good luck OP. Hope it's a day to remember ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Flying on Saturday morning into City of London, staying in apartments over near Tower bridge. Ill be in the coal hole afterwards all gong well.

I think most of the others are on that flight. I'm heading over tomorrow.
    Good luck anyway and maybe see you on the course. Look out for the tallaght singlet as you come flying past!!

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    I think most of the others are on that flight. I'm heading over tomorrow.
    Good luck anyway and maybe see you on the course. Look out for the tallaght singlet as you come flying past!!

Same to yourself man, hope it goes to plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Very best of luck to you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Best of luck OP - hope you have a great race. You've really built on your breakthrough performance in Waterford this cycle - go get it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Good luck on Sunday OP.
    The prep has gone well. Now just go out and get the result you deserve on Sunday ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

All the very best for Sunday S, it's a great race experience.

With the training you've banked you should comfortably hit your target.

Have a great day

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Best of luck for Sunday OP, you're training block has been fantastic, go reap the rewards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

The very best of good luck to you Sunday OP. It'll be great!

Thanks again for all for the well wishes guys. I rounded off training with a 4 miler and some strides in the pi$$ings of rain this evening, appropriate I think for the weather since January 1st! Just over 900 miles in the legs and what will be will be. Chat to you all on the other side!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Thanks again for all for the well wishes guys. I rounded off training with a 4 miler and some strides in the pi$$ings of rain this evening, appropriate I think for the weather since January 1st! Just over 900 miles in the legs and what will be will be. Chat to you all on the other side!!

With that exemplary marathon training block in your legs you're going to have a great race on Sunday. Best of luck. And enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭NetwerkErrer

All the best OP! I've no doubt you'll hit your target. Enjoy it!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Super consistent splits. No sign of fade. I confess I wasn't 100% sure you'd make it on your first attempt (never doubted it would be close). Delighted that you've done it and with some room to spare. Savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Fantastic running. Delighted for you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Superb stuff OP, expected to be honest after the great training block you put in. Very well done & enjoy the celebrations, hope the misus got on well to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

What can I say, fantastic result. Delighted for you. Well done ,richly deserved.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well deserved, great run OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Amazing performance, not one bit surprising either, delighted for you OP :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Nicely done......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Superb running - well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Never in doubt S, unless you're fat head fcuked it up :)

Well done, looked very solid and consistent.

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Bravo. Hearty congrats! Great to see another milestone from the Class of 2012. :)

Advertisement