Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home sharing for iTunes not working?

Options
  • 23-01-2014 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I'm trying to get my iTunes library on my new computer, and it's being a real pain, I've been trying for hours with no luck. The problem I'm having now, is that Home Sharing doesn't seem to stay there as an option.

Both my computers are on, Home Sharing is turned on for both of them, they're both authorised, both connected to the same network (although one is wired, one wireless if that makes a difference) and I have enabled Sharing my library thought Edit>preferences>sharing>enable sharing through local network on both computers. After all this, the Home Sharing tab is just not there on either computer, it's there when I'm in the process of enabling it, but as soon as I've typed in Apple ID and password, it disappears.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

What router are you using? I'm going to guess straight off the bat it's a UPC EPC3925.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭xK Marcus

advertsfox wrote: »
    What router are you using? I'm going to guess straight off the bat it's a UPC EPC3925.

No, it's a Netgear DGN2200

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Ok make sure uPnP is enabled and open all of these ports to your computer with the iTunes library. You may want to MAC assign it's IP address.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2463

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭xK Marcus

advertsfox wrote: »
    Ok make sure uPnP is enabled and open all of these ports to your computer with the iTunes library. You may want to MAC assign it's IP address.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2463

I just sorted it out, I needed itunes to be the same version on both computers, in the process of transferring now, thanks for your helo

Advertisement