Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cant connect latop to wireless hotspot

• 23-01-2014 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

I've been trying to connect my laptop to my iphone 5 using the hotspot feature but it never connects. The laptop picks up the phone with full coverage but then when i try connect it goes into windows trouble shooting to solve the issue. Has this happened anyone and does anyone know a way around it. My laptop is running Windows 7 and phones is latest ios 7.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I've been trying to connect my laptop to my iphone 5 using the hotspot feature but it never connects. The laptop picks up the phone with full coverage but then when i try connect it goes into windows trouble shooting to solve the issue. Has this happened anyone and does anyone know a way around it. My laptop is running Windows 7 and phones is latest ios 7.thanks

Is there a quote in your hotspot/wifi name??? E.g. DeSelby's Phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Is there a quote in your hotspot/wifi name??? E.g. DeSelby's Phone

ye there is. does this make a difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    ye there is. does this make a difference?

It did for me ... take out the apostrophe and see how you get on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Also make sure you have the correct APN settings in your iPhone. These are different for each Network and can be found on the network's website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

keith_d99 wrote: »
    It did for me ... take out the apostrophe and see how you get on!

that worked, thanks a million. bizarre but it worked

• Advertisement
Advertisement