Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre pay Debit card

Options
  • 23-01-2014 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi BOI,

I am heading to America for about 3/4 weeks and my question is this:

I dont really want to use my Visa Debit Bank card there just in case of it geting lost or stolen
    or even being skimmed or frozen on me. I know there is a daily withdrawl limit also and more thank likely there would be charges for every transaction/foreign exchange each time it is used.

Is there a pre-pay Debit card i can get from the bank and use while i am there and if so, what charges would there be?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi bizebee,

Thanks for your post.

Bank of Ireland do not provide pre-pay debit cards. If you were to use your Visa Debit Card in the States there would be cross border handling fees on transactions in US Dollars. You can find more information on this here. Our Visa Debit Cards come with many benefits including Chargeback rights and 24 hour fraud monitoring. We have more information on these benefits here.

If you do decide to use the card while abroad, we would suggest contacting BOI365, on 0818 365 365 or via Online Service Desk, to have your dates of travel noted on your account.

Hope you have a nice trip.

Thanks
    Tara 

Advertisement