Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WD no more

Options
  • 23-01-2014 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

The WD reg plate is to disappear with the merging of the City and County, how do County people feel or care about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have always been a bit puzzled as to why Waterford had two reg letters, when Dublin and Cork have only one. Dublin numbers get to five figures and are (to me) impossible to remember at a glance. As to whether I care, no. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 maggiewhite

WD. went on the 1st Jan. 2014. All cars are W reg. now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

As a county person I will not be losing sleep over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

The WD registration has gone the way of the old WI and KI regs. From now on, only genuine pre-2014 Waterford County vehicles will carry WD plates. If you import a pre-2014 vehicle it will be given an old W registration (e.g. 99-W-next highest number) or you can opt for a ZV plate if the vehicle is over thirty years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'm devastated

Said nobody

• Advertisement
Advertisement