Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Substitute or resit?

Options
  • 23-01-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey all,
    so exam results came in yesterday I hope you all did well :)

I achieved great grades except for one module, to be honest I was quite shocked since I did well on mid-term assignments and understood most of the course well, there was a part of the course which I missed as I was in the hospital but my circumstances weren't taken into account
    I definitely don't think I did as bad as an F grade especially taking into account my mid term results so I'm a bit confused. I have honestly never failed an exam before so I am unsure what the procedure is for resiting it.

But anyway since that's that I am wondering whether I should resit this module or substitute, I'm kind of scared of resiting then failing again because I'm transferring to a different institution at the end of the year and they require I achieve 60 credits I'm great at languages so I know I would definitely pass a language module, in regards to this module that I failed I could ask a friend to tutor me and pay only 230 compared to 470 for substituting but if I fail again I am risking losing my place in the other university.

What do you guys recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

When you say you missed part of the course, did you miss seminars/labs which count towards your overall grade? Did you fail to submit any written assessments? It's unusual that your extenuating circumstances weren't taken into consideration. Did you submit the supporting documentation to the relevant school?

Advertisement