Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Waters quits BAI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Is there more information on this? What's this "pantigate"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Any chance he's going overseas?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The Saturday Show interview with Drag Artist Rory O'Neill where he wished Waters et al would "feck off" interfering with Gay People's rights
    Waters wrote a sols letter to RTE(according to indo) asking for interview to be removed. It was highlighted later that BAI board members shouldn't be seen to 'sensor' groups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

John Waters is possibly the most irritating, cringeworthy, whining pillock in the country, and I dearly wish he would go away.

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    The Saturday Show interview with Drag Artist Rory O'Neill where he wished Waters et al would "feck off" interfering with Gay People's rights
    Waters wrote a sols letter to RTE(according to indo) asking for interview to be removed. It was highlighted later that BAI board members shouldn't be seen to 'sensor' groups

A very clear demonstration of how drunk on his own self regard the man is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Can't remember who it was but someone on boards said it all about Waters: 'Don't forget this is the man that was judged less sane than Sinead O'Connor when it came to a custody battle'.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What times we live in when Facebook is used as a news outlet..

biko wrote: »

It's just used to reference the BAI statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

seamus wrote: »

Have a read of this for a bit of bankground and how Waters made his position in the BAI untenable.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/01/22/waters-panti-and-rte/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

And have a read of this for how he got the job in the first place.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/when-john-waters-met-eamon-dunphy-1.1554145

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

How on earth was John waters on the BAI in the first place?

He's a fruitcake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Read thread title in Cork accent. Thought the weaselly runt had quit writing and whining. Disappointment. :(

vitani wrote: »
    And have a read of this for how he got the job in the first place.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/when-john-waters-met-eamon-dunphy-1.1554145

and that's my question answered

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

biko wrote: »

non facebook story or link

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/john-waters-resigns-from-broadcasting-watchdog-29944485.html

I remember once being told that I was going to meet John Waters. I was excited and brought with me a number of his films and a poster for Cecil B Demented which I'd hoped to get signed. You can imagine my disappointment when instead of meeting the famed filmmaker I was instead presented with the Irish John Waters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭burnhardlanger

I am literally crying as I read this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Why, its neither funny nor sad?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Bet you're not

21/25

How's that? Are you JW?? :D

• Advertisement

At least he didn't say something even less plausible like 'I am literally Bursting into tears right now" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

John Water is a troll. That's all I have to contribute to this discussion.

Did John Waters order Hayley's demise in Corrie???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's an interesting situation which boils down to waters attempting to censor a citizen in direct conflict with his (former) bai role.. Shot himself in the foot.. I for one will be shedding no tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

John waters article: gay people are stupid and don't even want equal rights anyway they just want to upset the rest of us NORMAL people

Rory O'Neill dude whose stage name is pantibliss, in an interview: I wish john waters would leave gay people alone, the homophobe

John waters: HOW DARE YOU I demand that interview be taken off the internet and never be shown and I'm sending that guy LEGAL LETTERS

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Rory aka Panti called him a homophobe when his was interviewed on telly.
    That resulted in a solicitors letter to Panti.
    Actually poor Panti got 4 letters in total. Iona members being the others.

/Edit.
    Jinx bluewolf. :)

It's an interesting situation which boils down to waters attempting to censor a citizen in direct conflict with his (former) bai role.. Shot himself in the foot.. I for one will be shedding no tears.

Waters is a textbook example of that most highly dangerous window-licking headcase of them all, the ones who will happily declare their own-brand "window-licking headcase" dogma automatically superior to the natural law and the right of a grown man to walk abroad and scratch his arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

John Waters

“The way this is being set up where there’s almost a blackmail clause involved, whereby if you don’t support it you’re a homophobe. This bullying is actually silencing people and it’s preventing any kind of open discussion…. You’re sneered at and ridiculed.”

http://collegetribune.ie/index.php/2012/08/gay-marriage-is-a-product-of-this-bunker-mentality/

However if someone calls John a homophobe he's allowed to try and silence people and prevent open discussion.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

How the hell did a headcase like that get the BAI job in the first place?

And is there a link to the 'gay people are stupid' article(s) that its mentioned here he has written?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Oryx wrote: »
    How the hell did a headcase like that get the BAI job in the first place?

And is there a link to the 'gay people are stupid' article(s) that its mentioned here he has written?

'This is really a kind of satire on marriage which is being conducted by the gay lobby,' Waters said. ‘It’s not that they want to get married; they want to destroy the institution of marriage because they’re envious of it;
    ‘This is really an attempt to discredit an institution, the nominative institution on which society and human civilization is founded. If you do that there will be consequences, and one of them is that marriage will become a nothing;

‘It is a deliberate sabotage of the culture and the relishing of the destruction as a result. Gay marriage is a satire"

Read more: http://www.irishcentral.com/opinion/cahirodoherty/Columnist-John-Waters-in-a-Panti-twist-over-anti-gay-claims.html#ixzz2rEqbnjOs
    Follow us: @IrishCentral on Twitter | IrishCentral on Facebook

I did employ a bit of artistic licence. A bit.

Advertisement