Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing Ulster Bank A/C

Options
  • 23-01-2014 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Opened up the account in college and used it for four or five years but it's not in use anymore and is only costing me money now.

Tried searching the site for a number to close it but only found the Northern Ireland one. Does anyone know where to look or what to do? Won't be able to actually visit a branch in person for at least three weeks. Should I just ring the regular phone number or will I be fobbed off. Hate making loads of phone calls to no avail so that's why I'm asking here first.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the silly questions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I simply did it the old fashioned way and wrote a letter to my branch giving them instructions on where to send any balance (account name & number). It was closed without issue and the few bob left in it was transferred as requested. You don't need a particular form but the letter must be signed of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

I would agree with sending in a written request if you cannot call to a branch, they wont close an account on a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Good enough for me guys. Letter typed out and I'll mail it after work! Thanks!

Advertisement