Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 49dv faulty smoke detector

Options
  • 23-01-2014 4:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

Hi,

I have a smoke detector in my garage and was always a big dodgy (triggering sporadically) My old alarm guy gave me a replacement part called a Astec S60 Smoke Detector interface (takes in two cables from alarm box and a kind of battery connector on other side than connects to main smoke detector)

Anyway this worked for a while but recently it has got alot worse. I think it is because lots of dust in the garage.

What should I replace? The detector interface and/or the main circuit board of smoke alarm? Should I just replace the whole smoke detector altogether?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the smoke detector itself activating first , before the alarm sounds?
    If so try a different detector.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 4thHorseman

I can't be 100% sure but its worth a shot. I've just been quoted 120euro for a replacement smoke detector :eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Since the Astec units are not available did they say what you were being quoted for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 4thHorseman

They didn't specify exactly. The replacement smoke detector interface is 40euro so I'll try that.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement