Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guideline price / work involved in rewiring for outdoor wall light

Options
  • 23-01-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone would know the ballpark cost of doing the following:

I'm looking to install an exterior wall light to the side of the front door entrance of a terraced house, as I want to highlight the steps and the adjacent front garden patch.

Unfortunately, I've been told that to install the exterior wall light on the side of the entrance towards the front garden patch would require rewiring, as the front hall light and the top landing light at the centre of the upstairs area are connected to each other; they are connected by the same switch, downstairs.

The only other option, instead, is to install the exterior wall light on the other side of the front door, which borders my next door neighbour's front entrance.

I know it makes sense to call out an electrician to look at the job and to get a quote, which I will do in time. For now, however, I was wondering if any of ye could give me an idea of the cost of such a job and how big a job it would be to rewire?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement