Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shave or dye

Options
  • 23-01-2014 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Shave or Dye is coming up.
    Just wondering if anywhere (hair dressers/barber) would dye your hair for free?
    Seeing as it's for charity and all that...

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Perhaps,]

But you would have to indemnify them against claims

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The hairdressing school might oblige?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The best idea would be to try gather some willing volunteers and approach some places to see if they are willing to help out for charity - places often get a mention on todayfm for participating so that might entice a business.. Pretty sure there was a headshave done on radio from Galway some time in recent years, valuable advertising chance.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'd ask this of the organizers themselves. They might know of some amenable hairdressers from previous years.

Not that I've ever tried it, but I'm sure you could cheaply dye it at home... especially if it is a crazy colour anyway.

In my experience, fewer businesses than you might think will bend over backwards for a charity. After all, there are so many events to sponsor over the course of the year and resources are limited. Grab a phone book and get calling (or even better drop by in person... it is much harder to turn away a charity in person).
    Dwight: Establish time frames. Keep the phrase "real dollars" in their head. And always keep the power in the conversation. That's why you're losing them on the cold calls. Cause you say the word please too much.
    Ryan: Wait, can you go back?
    Dwight: Michael always said, K.I.S.S. Keep it simple, stupid. Great advice, hurts my feelings every time.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Hi guys so I've decided for this years Shave or Dye to shave my head. I'm hoping to do it at an event rather than at home so just wondering if anyone knows what places in Galway usually hold events or have in the past? I doubt any have been announced yet since they're usually in February but I'd like to know what places to keep an eye on so I don't miss out. Thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.